i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Upgraded test drive boot partition using MB 3.5.2 to Chimera 1.1 and still have unknown CPU in About this Mac. And memory id reports 1333 but is 1600.

Test Bed:
OS X 10.6.7 with patched kernel (see Tuxxie posts in SB section).
Zotac H67ITX-C-E
i7-2600K
8 GM Corsair 1600
SATA HDD and OD

EDIT... 05/14/2011

Okay I remove my exertion of a bug in Chimera. I just pulled my CPU from the Zotac H65ITX-C-E (and memory) and brought up an ASUS P8P67-Mpro mother board by the numbers (install 10.6.3, upgrade to 10.6.7, install BridgeHelper and then Multibeast 3.6 with Chimera 1.3 and success. Have CPU and Memory identified in About this Mac; sound and networking working. Will complete the check out and then generate a DSDT and see how far I can take it. But looks real good. Thank you All.

neil

neil

neilhart said:
Upgraded test drive boot partition using MB 3.5.2 to Chimera 1.1 and still have unknown CPU in About this Mac. And memory id reports 1333 but is 1600.

Test Bed:
Zotac H67ITX-C-E
i7-2600K
8 GM Corsair 1600
SATA HDD and OD

neil
I have no issues with CPU and RAM detection on my P8P67 Pro. I have an i7-2600K and 4 GB G. Skill 1600 RAM being reported correctly using the MBP 10.7.3 kernel.

MacMan said:
neilhart said:

Test Bed:
Zotac H67ITX-C-E
i7-2600K
8 GM Corsair 1600
SATA HDD and OD

neil
I have no issues with CPU and RAM detection on my P8P67 Pro. I have an i7-2600K and 4 GB G. Skill 1600 RAM being reported correctly using the MBP 10.7.3 kernel.
I have exactly the same problem. My laptop is Asus G53SW series with i7 2630-QM cpu, I get unknow CPu too and my memory is not recognized neither.
Hope simeone finds the reason!
Artimess

neilhart said:
neil

If you're using the legacy kernel which was hacked just to skip processor check, it should be no surprise...

I believe at this time you'll have to use the vanilla kernel 10.7.3/4 to have real SB cpu support.

aviso said:
neilhart said:
neil

If you're using the legacy kernel which was hacked just to skip processor check, it should be no surprise...

I believe at this time you'll have to use the vanilla kernel 10.7.3/4 to have real SB cpu support.
I did a search for author in SB, does not find Tuxxie! Can you be more specific?
Thanks

aviso said:
neilhart said:
neil

Tried the new kernel too. Same old problem of recurrent rebooting. putting the bus ratio did not help either. My busratio as it is advertised in the spec is 20, it did not work, busratio-1 (meaning 19) did not work either!

I am really puzzled why it seems to work for some and not in my platform!
Artimess

artimess said:
aviso said:
neilhart said:
neil

I did a search for author in SB, does not find Tuxxie! Can you be more specific?
Thanks

Yes. at this link http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=17697
follow the line in Tuxxxie's first posting to his blog which has a link to the patched kernel.

neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back