Couple of questions ahead of my Mac Pro mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start a (slow-moving, when-I-have-time-and-energy) Mac Pro mod. I bought a complete, fully functional Mac Pro 1,1 (I think, based on the hard drive sled screws), dual 3 GHz machine in pretty great shape for around 100 €, which I've proceeded to empty out and clean, and I've started ordering parts and some tools.

I need to replace some screws/standoffs, but I'm not sure what I need to get:
  1. What kind of thread is used for the RAM cage standoffs at the bottom of the case? One of the screws' head was completely stripped, and once I managed to get some torque, the standoff would unscrew from the bottom of the case, instead of the screw from the standoff. So I had to saw through the standoff in order to take everything apart, and I'll need to replace the standoff. This is the screw I'm talking about (not my photo):
    GBqaoaim.jpg
  2. What thread are the Torx bolts that fasten the PSU to the top shelf? I had the same problem with one of those, though I managed to get it unscrewed eventually, without breaking anything – I'll just need a new bolt.
I'd be grateful for any help I can get here. Thanks!

Bro im working on one g5 mod, for me is a pain in the *ss, im getting it pretty decent but i had to cut, put som fiber glass and it's doesn't matter what standoff you put, just make sure the bolts are the ones, just be careful cutting the back panel get the appropriate tools and take your time to make it right

Bro im working on one g5 mod, for me is a pain in the *ss, im getting it pretty decent but i had to cut, put som fiber glass and it's doesn't matter what standoff you put, just make sure the bolts are the ones, just be careful cutting the back panel get the appropriate tools and take your time to make it right
These standoffs aren't like the motherboard standoffs though. They screw onto male bolt headers that are attached to the bottom of the Mac Pro case, so they'll need to match the thread of those bolts.

These standoffs aren't like the motherboard standoffs though. They screw onto male bolt headers that are attached to the bottom of the Mac Pro case, so they'll need to match the thread of those bolts.
Oooh, sorry man, what part is that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back