Contribute
Register

Could Tony write a guide for installing El Capitan Public Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Title:
Could Tony write a guide for installing El Capitan Public Beta.
I created the USB disk, but I cannot boot from it. I do not known the reason.

tonymacx86 stated in the sticky thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-x-el-capitan-public-beta-now-available.html
Finally, we’re going to be releasing a special version of UniBeast soon in order to facilitate easy USB installer creation for the beta. Stay tuned!
We are working on updating and testing a new version of UniBeast. If you want to install the El Capitan Public Beta now, you will have to use Clover. See tonymacx86's http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ublic-beta-installation-usb-using-clover.html.

Thread Title:

tonymacx86 stated in the sticky thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-x-el-capitan-public-beta-now-available.html We are working on updating and testing a new version of UniBeast. If you want to install the El Capitan Public Beta now, you will have to use Clover. See tonymacx86's http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ublic-beta-installation-usb-using-clover.html.
Clover is much better than Unibeast, primarily the stability of system.

The issues include privilege for SLE folder.

Clover is much better than Unibeast, primarily the stability of system.

The issues include privilege for SLE folder.
That's not true. I've always used UniBeast/MultiBeast/Chimera on all my builds. No problems for me. So, don't make rash statements w/o proof.

At least on my hack, Clover based OS X is much stabler than Unibeast based OS X.

UniBeast/Chimera and MultiBeast offer stability on my machines, as like Stork I use these methods. I also use Clover on other drives. Nobody snaps their fingers and things happen. There is always testing and a lot of work from the devs before releases. Glad Clover works for you.

That's not true. I've always used UniBeast/MultiBeast/Chimera on all my builds. No problems for me. So, don't make rash statements w/o proof.

It's always been true for me. Both chimera and chameleon had weird stability issues that clover resolved.

1. Stability issue 1. Not reading ram data correctly, causing system to kernel panic if memory XMP was enabled or heck if memory frequency was anything higher than 1333mhz
2. Stability issue two. Would kernel panic when using USB microphone if hardware sensors were accessed at same time (such as hardaware monitor).

It took me a while to realize both issues were probably tied to chameleon/chimera being less accurate with reading memory data. Especially high frequency low CAS memory I have (2133mhz, 9-cas). clover takes extra care for memory accuracy and switching to clover resolved all instabilities. I have sworn by it since.

But ultimately users should use what works. If it's not broken don't fix it right? :)

It's always been true for me. Both chimera and chameleon had weird stability issues that clover resolved.

1. Stability issue 1. Not reading ram data correctly, causing system to kernel panic if memory XMP was enabled or heck if memory frequency was anything higher than 1333mhz
In the beginning, we believed it was a Gigabyte BIOS problem, but updates to the Gigabyte BIOS haven't seemed to fix the problem for users of more than 16GB of memory and/or memory speeds greater than 1888Mhz. See this post here for the solution.
2. Stability issue two. Would kernel panic when using USB microphone if hardware sensors were accessed at same time (such as hardaware monitor).
That's a new one on me. But, I don't use any USB for audio input, just Firewire (long story).

It took me a while to realize both issues were probably tied to chameleon/chimera being less accurate with reading memory data. Especially high frequency low CAS memory I have (2133mhz, 9-cas). clover takes extra care for memory accuracy and switching to clover resolved all instabilities. I have sworn by it since.

But ultimately users should use what works. If it's not broken don't fix it right? :)
Hmmm, that is interesting. I'll point this out to the other tonymacx86 Admins. Thanks for this information.

I do agree with you, that, at the moment, Clover is more on top of the modern component performance than Chameleon. (Chimera is a branch of Chameleon.) There's something to be said from starting from scratch.

LOL! I totally agree with you - If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back