Contribute
Register

CoreMelt & FxFactory plugins not working in FCP (Hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

These plugins does not work in my Hackintosh, here are the problems

1. FxFactory pro (from Noise Industries):-
After keying in the registration code..... "2010-08-19 22:30:20.822 FxFactory_x86[163:903] A nil string cannot be converted to a blowfish passphrase" appeared in TERMINAL

2. CoreMelt V2
In Final Cut Pro, after keying the license code "No valid MAC address found - This software cannot be licensed without a MAC address. Please install an ethernet device or contact [email protected] for more information"

After googleing it, i found this in CoreMelt's FAQ site "This error occurs either because you are trying to install on non-apple hardware (a hackintosh) or your computer does not have a working ethernet card. We cannot generally license your system in this case. Please contact us direct for more information"

I really do hope tonymacx86 and members could really help me on this...because if its not for this...the Customac build by Tonymac would be so perfect...flawless

Thank you in advance

My spec:
Intel i5 760 - 2.8ghz
Gigabyte P55A-UD4P Rev 2.0 F9
Asus 9800GT 1GB
Corsair Dual channel (Dominator) RAM 4GB 1600mhz
PSU Coolermaster GX series 650W
Samsung 1TB
Sony DVD

:think: Odd... I don't use FCP, but have never seen any valid licensed software balk at a non-apple computer. In fact I've never even heard of it- and don't think there is really any way that software manufacturers can tell that you're using a CustoMac. Are you using valid purchased software, as well as the latest versions?

Also, is your ethernet working correctly? And is it showing up as built-in in network settings?

Hi Tony, thanks for replying. Thats what i thought! how on earth these people know im running a Hackintosh, but leave that aside...on the plugins yes im using the licensed n updated version.

Maybe the flaw is in the network, however, its working in my CustoMac currently but after i use the patched IONetworkingFamily.kext to replace original one (S/L/E). viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3254&start=20 (in the beginning after the whole installation it didnt work)

In my network settings it show's this "Ethernet Adaptor (en1) is currently active and has the IP address 192.168.2.3." .....please do let me know if this is the problem and how to solve it thank you again.

Make sure EthernetBuiltIn option is in your /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist. Then try deleting your Ethernet connection in System Preferences/Network.

Then reboot, and re-add Ethernet to your network preferences. It might be that your Ethernet is 1 instead of 0. That causes issues with Front Row- but have never heard of issues with authentication. :think:

Problem solved...due to one or both of the reason (i did both)

1. As Tony advised earlier to "use the latest versions"...my bad, i thought i had the latest version... :oops:

2. Ethernet is 1 instead of 0...change it to 0

Thanks again for your time n help.....great n helpful site indeed :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back