Graphics
4x RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was using the GPRW patch successfully in Big Sur, but it doesn't want to work in Monterey for some reason.

If I catch the computer after waking, I'm able to get back into the system and check the reason for wake, which is:

Bash:
DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to /
DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to UserActivity Assertion

If I don't catch it in time, the computer will idle and then panic, with the following logs:

Bash:
Failure during sleep: 0x0000001F : EFI/Bootrom Failure after last point of entry to sleep panic

I've tried everything I know related to power management, but I'm at a loss.
What I've tried:

- USB mapping
- GPRW rename + patch
- enabling/disabling AppleCpuPmCfgLock & AppleXcpmCfgLock (double-checking that CFG-Lock is disabled in BIOS)
- CPUFriend (+data provider) – doesn't seem to do anything.
- experimented with different alcid values for AppleALC
- patching HPET to resolve IRQ conflicts
- double-checked all my SSDT's (PLUG, USBX, etc.)
- disabled Thunderbolt in BIOS
- NVMEFixup.kext
- HibernationFixup.kext

My system info's in the signature.
Here's the EFI:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Possible reason for the SSDT not working in Monterey:

It is a different OS and the patch may need updating to reflect any changes Apple made to the code in Monterey and how they affect your X299 board.

Where did you get the version of the patch you are currently and were successfully using in Big Sur? Have you looked to see if the person who created the initial GPRW patch has released a new version for Monterey?

Have you jumped the gun updating to Monterey?

Thanks for the feedback, @Edhawk, but I think I found the right combination of ingredients (in addition to USB Mapping, Power Management, etc).

There were two things happening simultaneously:

1. For the computer to stay asleep, TB needs to be enabled in BIOS, otherwise the machine wakes intermittently (despite GPRW SSDT + ACPI Patch).

2. AppleXcpmCfgLock needs to be ENABLED (even though CFG-Lock is disabled in BIOS, and MSR register is unlocked), otherwise it KP's during these intermittent wakes. What gave this away was an additional panic log in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports that pinpointed the 0x0000001F error to Fault CR2, on CPU 0x0

To answer your questions, I was getting al of my SSDT's from the Dortania guides & acidanthera repo's, and yes, I might have very well jumped the gun on this one, but everything's working as it should now, including the GPRW patch.

Marking this as solved. Hopefully there's some useful info here for posterity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back