I hope you all are well!

Today I built my first Hackintosh, these are it's specs:
GA-Z170X-Designare F20 BIOS
Kaby Lake i7 7700K
64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Samsung 960EVO 1TB SSD
Crucial MX300 1TB SSD x2

I've used the newest version of UniBeast to setup an OSX Install USB for Sierra (10.12.3), the USB that I have been using for setup is a 32GB USB Thumb Drive, all formatting settings via Disk Utility are correct.

I've gone through and setup my BIOS, all options as per the guide are correct. The only thing that I can't select is CFG-Lock as there is no option for that. I'm assuming my Motherboard doesn't have that functionality built in.

I hold F12 and boot to my USB. I get into the Clover Menu, I select Boot OSX from USB and it hangs at an Apple Logo with no progress bar. I troubleshoot with various boot flags, nothing works, not even this: '-v -x -s -f cpus=1 maxmem=4096 nv_disable=1 -no-zp'

When I boot using the standard 'OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi' and 'VBoxHfs-64.efi' I get this error message:
error01.jpg

When I boot using 'OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi' and 'HFSPlus.efi' I get this error message:
error02.jpg

I have tried updating to the latest version of Clover (3974) on my install USB and that makes no difference.

I could potentially update my BIOS to F21 and see if that helps but I've read that it isn't the best BIOS Version for Hackintosh. Should I be trying for 10.12.2 rather then the newest version of Sierra? Or is it a Clover or BIOS Problem?

I've been searching and troubleshooting for hours and am officially stuck and don't know what to do next. I really hoping someone out there has encountered this problem before and knows how to solve it. First of all I don't know exactly what the problem is, and secondly anything I've done to fix it hasn't helped.

Any help, advise or suggestions to assist in sorting this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards
Brad

@bradleyandrew, please read the rules and update your profile with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.

Please note that your Kaby Lake CPU is not natively supported in macOS.
The CPU requires a FakeCPUID (with Skylake ID) to boot.

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Hi BreBo,

I didn't realise that was a requirement, I've updated my profile as per your suggestion. Couldn't find my graphics card on the drop down list though.

Thank you so much for your help, that worked like a charm. I knew I had to use a FakeCPUID but I didn't realise I needed to use it to boot into the macOS Installer. I also had to run a NMVe workaround in order for that drive to appear in Disk Utility when booted via USB for installation.

I've managed to complete the install process and after the 2nd Phase of installation I boot into OSX on my NMVe Drive. I run MultiBeast and go:
Quick Setup
ALC1150
100 Series Audio
IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0
Increase Max Port Limit
UEFI Bootloader
System Definition iMac 17,1

After that I Mount EFI from my internal SSD where macOS is installed, I then load the config.plist into Clover Configurator. Here I change the FakeCPUID as per your recommendation as I assume I have to do it for this new EFI Partition. I then do all the other modifications as per the top post in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.211743/

I then shut down the system and when I boot up again I get the Apple Logo, the bar loads slowly and then I get a circle with a cross through it.

I've tried troubleshooting, I've ran through NMVe Patches as detailed on the Forum just encase I needed to run that to make it boot correctly, no dice. I ran the newest NVidia Web Driver (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-3-367-15-10-35.213122/) and the appropriate workarounds and still no dice.

Anything that I try that is a Clover Config.plist Modification is tricky as I can only boot into OSX once which is after the initial install. When I encounter my issue and can't boot into OSX I have found that I can enter in Safe Mode, but when in Safe Mode you can't mount an EFI Partition as it's FAT, so the only way to get back into OSX to modify my plist is to do a clean install. I've done about 5 Clean Installs this morning so far. But if it's a Kext Troubleshoot I can modify that as I can access my Kexts from Safe Mode.

I'm not too sure what to do next. Is it perhaps my System Definition? Maybe I'll try it as iMac 14,2.

Being that I have Kaby Lake and an external graphics card (GeForce GTX 980 Ti) I understand that there are some specific steps to follow in order to make it all work. I can't seem to find anywhere that lists start to finish what needs to be done, from MultiBeast to Clover Config to Nvidia Driver Installation. I'm not too sure what is clashing or what is going wrong or why I can't boot.

Any help that you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards
Brad

I'm not too sure what to do next. Is it perhaps my System Definition? Maybe I'll try it as iMac 14,2.

Being that I have Kaby Lake and an external graphics card (GeForce GTX 980 Ti) I understand that there are some specific steps to follow in order to make it all work. I can't seem to find anywhere that lists start to finish what needs to be done, from MultiBeast to Clover Config to Nvidia Driver Installation. I'm not too sure what is clashing or what is going wrong or why I can't boot.

After you have macOS installed and you are booted in to Sierra, download and install the version of the Nvidia web drivers that matches your version of macOS from: NVIDIA Drivers

After the Nvidia web drivers have been installed, open your config.plist in Clover Configurator do this:
Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 2.24.41 AM.png

If you do not need the IGP, you can save yourself some headaches by disabling it in your BIOS.

I would not recommend messing with iMac17,1 system definition until you have everything running fairly well using iMac14,2 system definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back