Contribute
Register

Clover's Timeout doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
People, plz help me.

I'm trying to boot from my clover automatically but doesn't work.
Here's my config:

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
<key>Debug</key>
<true/>
<key>DefaultLoader</key>
<string>BOOTX64.efi</string>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>Legacy</key>
<string>PBR</string>
<key>Secure</key>
<false/>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>XMPDetection</key>
<false/>
</dict>

Any idea of what this can be?

Check your default volume string and make sure it the name is the correct volume you want to load. Clover must be able to find a default entry for it to automatically boot into an OS.

The excerpt below is from Clover configurator wiki. You can try changing your volume string to one of the other strings below to see if that works.

Once you get that to work, if you desire, you can set your timeout string to 0 and the clover GUI is not even invoked.

DefaultVolume
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>

DefaultVolume is used to specify which entry is the default boot entry in Clover GUI. See also DefaultLoader. It can be set to:

• Volume Name - The name of the volume. E.g. Macintosh.
  • GUID - Globally Unique ID of the volume shown in Clover's boot, preboot or debug log. E.g. 57272A5A-7EFE-4404-9CDA-C33761D0DB3C.
  • Part of Device Path - Also shown in Clover's logs. E.g.HD(1,GPT,57272A5A-7EFE-4404-9CDA-C33761D0DB3C,0x800,0xFF000).
  • LastBootedVolume - The last booted volume will be set as default one in Clover GUI.
OS X Startup Disk can be used to reboot into another volume, but for the following reboot DefaultVolume will be used again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back