Contribute
Register

Clover suddenly not showing OSX partition to boot (both internal and external)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba Portege Z-30A (Clover Legacy)
CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Complete newbie here. This is my first attempt at installing Mac OSX on a Toshiba Z30A / Intel Core i5 4300U / Intel HD 4400 Graphics laptop.

I was able to successfully create a unibeast High Sierra installer, boot up from it on my laptop, then successfully install it and enter MacOS on my laptop. One by one, was able to install keyboard / trackpad support, audio support, battery etc kexts as well.

But only problem was booting directly from internal HDD. So I read somewhere here on this forum that I need to mount EFI partitions of both the internal HDD and my USB installer using EFI mounter3, then copy over the EFI directory from USB to HDD, and I will be able to boot from HDD.

I guess I messed up during this, probably copied the wrong way or messed something that when I try to boot from both USB and HDD, I see the clover screen showing Boot Clover from EFI for both the internal and external disks. Even USB boot is showing this.

I tried to format the USB, create a new installer using Unibeast and yet the same issue! Can anyone help - am more than sure my internal HDD with the MacOSX installation is intact and clover (at least on USB) should be able to boot into it and let me fix the internal disk.

Attachments

• 20190912_135105.jpg
    20190912_135105.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
Hi,

Complete newbie here. This is my first attempt at installing Mac OSX on a Toshiba Z30A / Intel Core i5 4300U / Intel HD 4400 Graphics laptop.

I was able to successfully create a unibeast High Sierra installer, boot up from it on my laptop, then successfully install it and enter MacOS on my laptop. One by one, was able to install keyboard / trackpad support, audio support, battery etc kexts as well.

But only problem was booting directly from internal HDD. So I read somewhere here on this forum that I need to mount EFI partitions of both the internal HDD and my USB installer using EFI mounter3, then copy over the EFI directory from USB to HDD, and I will be able to boot from HDD.

I guess I messed up during this, probably copied the wrong way or messed something that when I try to boot from both USB and HDD, I see the clover screen showing Boot Clover from EFI for both the internal and external disks. Even USB boot is showing this.

I tried to format the USB, create a new installer using Unibeast and yet the same issue! Can anyone help - am more than sure my internal HDD with the MacOSX installation is intact and clover (at least on USB) should be able to boot into it and let me fix the internal disk.
Read up on the FAQ first:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back