Graphics
MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed Mavericks back when 10.9.2 came out using clover, but I couldn't get the graphics, or network to work so I left it alone. Today I updated to 10.9.4, and got all my drivers working. And then something possessed me to update clover to the newest version, 2916. After fussing for several hours I got the bootloader to the 'continue' screen. If I use the old usb stick I used to originally install Mavericks, I don't see the drive.

efi.jpg

This is what my EFI on the main drive looks like (the newer install of clover) and I'll attach the config bellow, if that'll help solve the issue.

Mobo is Asus Sabertooth x58, drive is Samsung 840 pro, graphics is R7850. I'm not really sure what other relevant information I should provide at this point.

Attachments

• config.plist
    1.4 KB · Views: 116
2916 does not seem to be friendly to old X58 boards. I tried to install on my X58 with a new Clover USB installer with this version and couldn't get to the install screen. Booted to the clover screen OK, but selecting the install icon and hitting enter got me a slightly grey screen for 2 hours and never went further. Gave up on it and powered off.

Well... this seems like a dumb thing to have overlocked, but I just tried installing clover to BiosBlockIO instead of of SATA, and that did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back