CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi guys!

I am dual booting off of two identical SSDs 10.12.4 and W10.

I do, however, have one more HDD so now when I boot into Clover I get:
1 boot entry for macOS
1 boot entry for Windows
1 boot entry for Windows' EFI partition
1 boot entry for a non-sytem NTFS partition on the HDD
1 boot entry for a non-system HFS partition on the HDD

How do I get rid of them and just leave the macOS and Windows visible?

Also, the macOS sits in the far right corner of them all - is there a way I can rearrange them? I couldn't quite grasp how this is done (if at all) in Clover Configurator.

happy hacking
littlegreen

Hi so first thing you should do in clover configurator is to go to the GUI section and uncheck Legacy.

Reboot and at the boot screen you should see less options. Move to each hard drive that is there and on each press the space bar. When you do this, you will be presented with a lot of information. The line under "Volume size" will have a very long string of information. Easiest thing to do is then take a picture of this string. That way you know which string belongs to which drive.

Once you have this information for each drive, boot into macOS and go into clover configurator. Go back to the GUI section and you will be creating custom entries for your two boot drives - or I should say, just the drives you want to appear in the boot screen in clover.

Click the plus button in the custom entries section. A new hard drive icon will display. Double click this to enter in information for that drive. There is a volume drop down. Click that and select each drive. When you do that you will see right above that that a long string of information is displayed for each drive. This string will be present in the picture you took for each drive on the clover boot screen. Select the one that corresponds to the 1st drive you want to appear in clover. Then click the Title/Full Title check box and entering the box above it the name of the disk as you would have it appear in the clover boot screen. For the sake of this guide, pretend it is your Mac drive. Next click on the Type drop down. Choose the appropriate option (in this case "mac"). Then click the volume type drop down and select "internal". In the Hidden drop down pick "no".

Click off that pop up and continue adding drives, one for each that you have, following the same process, and selecting the appropriate options for each drive. If you want them to not appear on the clover boot menu, put "yes" for hidden. You can also drag the disks to put them in the order you want them in on the clover menu. Of course, save it, then reboot.

Sorry for asking here but I have a similar problem. I've tried this but as soon as I deactivate Legacy, HDD with windows partitions doesn't show anymore including the one with bootable Windows. Btw, I use Clover legacy bootloader since my motherboard is old and doesn't know UEFI. How would I do this for my board?
Here is my diskutil list
Code:
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh HD            300.0 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
   4:                  Apple_HFS Work                    699.2 GB   disk0s4
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk1
   1:               Windows_NTFS Apps Studio             322.1 GB   disk1s1
   2:               Windows_NTFS Data                    427.1 GB   disk1s5
   3:               Windows_NTFS                         107.4 GB   disk1s6
   4:               Windows_NTFS Projects                143.6 GB   disk1s7

Windows_NTFS, the one with 3 in front is the bootable Windows partition. I know it should've been first but my windows drive died and had to resize a partition to be able to use my pc. disk0 I just bought it and installed Mac on it.

Hi so first thing you should do in clover configurator is to go to the GUI section and uncheck Legacy.

Reboot and at the boot screen you should see less options. Move to each hard drive that is there and on each press the space bar. When you do this, you will be presented with a lot of information. The line under "Volume size" will have a very long string of information. Easiest thing to do is then take a picture of this string. That way you know which string belongs to which drive.

Once you have this information for each drive, boot into macOS and go into clover configurator. Go back to the GUI section and you will be creating custom entries for your two boot drives - or I should say, just the drives you want to appear in the boot screen in clover.

Click the plus button in the custom entries section. A new hard drive icon will display. Double click this to enter in information for that drive. There is a volume drop down. Click that and select each drive. When you do that you will see right above that that a long string of information is displayed for each drive. This string will be present in the picture you took for each drive on the clover boot screen. Select the one that corresponds to the 1st drive you want to appear in clover. Then click the Title/Full Title check box and entering the box above it the name of the disk as you would have it appear in the clover boot screen. For the sake of this guide, pretend it is your Mac drive. Next click on the Type drop down. Choose the appropriate option (in this case "mac"). Then click the volume type drop down and select "internal". In the Hidden drop down pick "no".

Click off that pop up and continue adding drives, one for each that you have, following the same process, and selecting the appropriate options for each drive. If you want them to not appear on the clover boot menu, put "yes" for hidden. You can also drag the disks to put them in the order you want them in on the clover menu. Of course, save it, then reboot.

I have done this but I still have 3 OS X partitions and they all have the same UUID, disk size etc. I am running High Sierra 10.13 (17A405). It seems a bit strange that the details for each of them are the same.

Sorry for asking here but I have a similar problem. I've tried this but as soon as I deactivate Legacy, HDD with windows partitions doesn't show anymore including the one with bootable Windows. Btw, I use Clover legacy bootloader since my motherboard is old and doesn't know UEFI. How would I do this for my board?
Here is my diskutil list
Code:
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh HD            300.0 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
   4:                  Apple_HFS Work                    699.2 GB   disk0s4
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk1
   1:               Windows_NTFS Apps Studio             322.1 GB   disk1s1
   2:               Windows_NTFS Data                    427.1 GB   disk1s5
   3:               Windows_NTFS                         107.4 GB   disk1s6
   4:               Windows_NTFS Projects                143.6 GB   disk1s7

Windows_NTFS, the one with 3 in front is the bootable Windows partition. I know it should've been first but my windows drive died and had to resize a partition to be able to use my pc. disk0 I just bought it and installed Mac on it.
I should have mentioned that unchecking Legacy is only for builds that use UEFI.

I have done this but I still have 3 OS X partitions and they all have the same UUID, disk size etc. I am running High Sierra 10.13 (17A405). It seems a bit strange that the details for each of them are the same.
I am pretty sure the UUID is from the physical drive - what you see on the clover screen is each partition/volume. This means that those 3 partitions/volumes are on the same physical drive. You may need to use the "Hide Volume" section in clover configurator to hide the volumes on that HDD you do not want to show. However, I am not super experienced with this and could be wrong. You may need to research further.

I am pretty sure the UUID is from the physical drive - what you see on the clover screen is each partition/volume. This means that those 3 partitions/volumes are on the same physical drive. You may need to use the "Hide Volume" section in clover configurator to hide the volumes on that HDD you do not want to show. However, I am not super experienced with this and could be wrong. You may need to research further.

Thanks I will have a look.

I had the same problem until a few hours ago. You have extra "boot.efi" files at the root layer of that drive.

Do what is mentioned here:

Look at the end of the "PCIBoot" line. It will tell you where to find the extra "boot.efi" files. They will be invisible.

To view the invisible files, copy and paste the following command in terminal:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
Then relaunch the finder (or restart)
Delete the "boot.efi" files you found above and restart.

To hide the invisible files, copy and paste the following command in terminal:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO
Then relaunch the finder (or restart)​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back