Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H
CPU
i5-6600
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi all,
I've met with a bit of a blocker here and I'm not exactly sure what to search for answers..

Bit of context:
BIOS Version - F1, Gigabyte UEFI DualBios
  1. I've successfully installed Mojave and got it all working (Audio, Graphics, Network, Bluetooth and USB ports with some SSDT patching)
  2. In BIOS settings, with CSM Support -> Disabled. I was able to boot into Clover -> Mojave installation, all from the same USB drive.
  3. However, I noticed with the CSM Support disabled, I don't see my Windows 10 SSD in BIOS anymore.
  4. Nonetheless, Clover still sees it, but I'm unable to boot into it. Booting it results in a black screen and I could only power off my PC.
  5. I did some reading about CSM support - and learnt that my Windows SSD is formatted to MBR and it's using legacy BIOS to boot.
  6. So I thought to get both Mojave and Windows appear in BIOS (with CSM support disabled), was to convert my SSD from MBR to GPT format. I did it with Window's MBR2GPT tool, and was able to get both Mojave and Windows appear in BIOS. I was also able to boot into Windows.
The problem now then is that for some reason, I'm unable to boot into Clover in my Mojave USB. Selecting it will display the Gigabyte logo for a second, before it blinks and shows the same logo again with a circular loading icon; it then follows to boot into Windows.

The odd thing is that, if I disconnect my SSD's SATA cable, I can boot into Clover then to Mojave normally.

I'm not sure what to search for regarding this issue..if anyone can point me in some direction to read up more, i'll be very thankful!

Moved to Multi Booting.

Got it working.. simple solution for me was to just use Clover to select boot device instead of doing it at BIOS level.
I just remove all our Boot options and leave only Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back