Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
ASUS RX580
Hello ,

I've successfully built a couple of Hackintosh's over the last 8 years. Generally I've just followed the guides, used unibeast and fiddled a bit in Clover and got them working fine.

Decided to build a new one but am having real trouble with it.

My question is - In Clover I'm trying to Generate a config file. I assume this gives me all the contents of the EFI folder (?)if I want to make my own.

Problem is that I just get a message saying ' Clover-genconfig not found'.

I don't understand the part of the instruction that says 'Generate a file named config-generate in your desktop' that is on the main page.

What kind of file should that be ?

I understand that updating the config.plist changes the settings but I want to create the whole EFI folder from a config.plist that I found on a forum. Or have I misunderstood what Generate Config does ?

Thanks. Jim.

You need to have clover-genconfig installed in usr/local/bin before running the Clover Configurator app Generate Config

Thanks for the reply. I've actually managed to get the Hack loaded so this isn't critical but just trying to understand the process. I was trying to do this on a Mac laptop which doesn't have clover installed. If I install clover on my Hackintosh will that install what I need ? Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I've actually managed to get the Hack loaded so this isn't critical but just trying to understand the process. I was trying to do this on a Mac laptop which doesn't have clover installed. If I install clover on my Hackintosh will that install what I need ? Cheers.
Given your hardware, I would suggest you use Open Core instead of Clover, especially if you want to use Catalina.
See https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/

Thanks. Will check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back