Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Z420 Workstation
CPU
Xeon E5-1650 v0
Graphics
RX 580
Currently I have a setup working perfectly with High Sierra with the following clover config: (link to EFI folder). However, I'd like to install Mojave but whenever I try to boot the USB stick with the EFI folder replaced with my own EFI folder that is working perfectly, the booting process gets stuck (see 1.jpg), sometimes the last line just says "Still waiting for root device' before the screen goes crazy with a nope sign. I've been doing some research and most people recommend to try plugging the USB stick in a non-3.0 USB port but this unfortunately didn't work for me. I copied the kexts inside the 10.13 folder to another folder called 10.14 (so Mojave could use all these kexts) and the result is the same.

My computer (HP Z420 workstation) came with a Nvidia Quadro 4000 GPU, and there's a repo where I was able to find a config working with Mojave but only with nvidia cards. I tried it back when I had that nvidia GPU and it worked, although with no GPU acceleration. Now I have an RX 580 and tried the same config, but the boot process also gets stuck (see 2.jpg). What can I do? I did edit the config.plist of said config and only disabled 'Inject Nvidia', but it still doesn't work.

Currently I use Lilu+Whatevergreen only (no InjectATI and no Radeondeinit). Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 48
THis is hp z420 ,E5 2670 EFI,except wake up is not working,every thing is ok,10.13.6 and 10.14.2 Both will do....good luck!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back