3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have a strange problem with Clover Boot Loader. If I hit the F12 key and boot from a USB stick drive, Clover shows ALL the available drives/partitions. If I boot from the HD with MacOS, Clover shows some of the drives/partitions. It shows only one partition on the MacOS Disk, which has installation in the label, and give an error message saying that this version is not supported. Using Clover from the USB allows me to properly select the right partition and boot.

Now the simple idea was that if I copy the EFI folder (in the EFI partition) to the HD, it would fix it - but it didn’t.

Suggestion please.

Thank you

Hello,

I have a strange problem with Clover Boot Loader. If I hit the F12 key and boot from a USB stick drive, Clover shows ALL the available drives/partitions. If I boot from the HD with MacOS, Clover shows some of the drives/partitions. It shows only one partition on the MacOS Disk, which has installation in the label, and give an error message saying that this version is not supported. Using Clover from the USB allows me to properly select the right partition and boot.

Now the simple idea was that if I copy the EFI folder (in the EFI partition) to the HD, it would fix it - but it didn’t.

Suggestion please.

Thank you
copy the efi from the usb to the efi partition on the hard drive?

copy the efi from the usb to the efi partition on the hard drive?

Yeah, you would think that would work. Already tried, but it is certainly worth another shot in case I screwed it up some how. EFI mounted partition begin to look all alike.

Thanks.

Yeah, you would think that would work. Already tried, but it is certainly worth another shot in case I screwed it up some how. EFI mounted partition begin to look all alike.

Thanks.
lols

mount efi on usb, copy efi to desktop

unplug usb

mount efi on hard drive, move efi to trash, empty trash

move efi from desktop to hard drive efi

lols

mount efi on usb, copy efi to desktop

unplug usb

mount efi on hard drive, move efi to trash, empty trash

move efi from desktop to hard drive efi
Not sufficient - Clover boot file should match Clover version in EFI partition, so - first determine Clover version on USB, install that version to HDD/SSD, then copy USB EFI to HDD/SSD EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back