Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
CPU
Athlon II X4 605e
Graphics
Integrated AMD 785G
I have used the BDU to create a bootable flash drive that will start up my legacy BIOS system with a NVME drive. It was tough to get it working correctly, but now it works fine, and I want to replicate the solution to two other identical computers, so I'm trying to duplicate that flash drive. Using AOMEI PA, I have copied the drive, sector by sector to another flash drive. I also tried Clonezilla. Of course, the computer still boots fine using the original flash drive, but when I use the new one, it fails to reach GUI, and the clover boot menu doesn't let me find any drivers, or devices. Any wisdom on the cause, or a solution?

Am I posting this in the correct section?

Hardware profile updated to show that the motherboard has integrated graphics, courtesy of the AMD785G chipset.

I have duplicated the USB boot drive on the target computer, as well as others without success, and used Clonezilla, as well as AOMEI PA. The boot drive is working in that it loads to the Clover (non-GUI) menu, but fails to find connected devices and operating systems to load. My guess is that it's failing to find the Clover file system that it finds on the original flash drive that I'm trying to duplicate. The legacy BIOS is of course correctly set to boot from the USB drive.

Further testing leads me to believe that cloning the boot disk to a different flash drive causes the configuration data in the Clover partition to be unavailable to the Clover software.

I have now found that I can successfully clone the Clover boot flash drive to another flash drive of the same size (16 GB) using Clonezilla. When I clone it to a different size flash drive (64 GB), even when suppressing the default advanced option to resize partitions, the new, larger drive will boot, but only to the non-GUI Clover menu. At that point, for example, if I try to load device drivers from a file, it doesn't find any. If I replace the new flash drive by the original at that point in time, I can then find Clover drivers. Of course, if I inspect the new, cloned boot drive in Windows, using disk manager or file explorer, everything looks the same.

Any thoughts on how I can clone the boot drive to a larger drive and still have the Clover partition accessible, or how I can change the cloning process or cloned drive, to allow Clover to read its partition? Any advice much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back