Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Is there any way to type in additional boot flags at the Clover screen or is the pick list when you hit the spacebar all you get?

Is there any way to type in additional boot flags at the Clover screen or is the pick list when you hit the spacebar all you get?
Arrow keys to "Options"

Arrow keys to "Options"
Thanks.

I finally did it. I got the Asrock X99M Killer working with the Clover installer. Just needed npci=0x2000 to get the install to boot at the Clover screen.
Once booted, used the Clover version 3120 I created the USB with and installed Clover to the HDD, then copied the EFI from the USB to the HDD EFI, replacing the one Clover installed.
Used Clover Configurator to create a smbios.plist for a Mac Pro 4,1 and downloaded the latest 10.10.1 nVidia drivers. Installed them and rebooted. Shutdown and installed the GTX980. Booted it back up and there it was. I can switch between the OS X drivers and the nVidia drivers with the icon in the command bar with no problems. Can connect up to 4 displays - 5 cause all of them to blink on and off - just too much for the card, I guess.
Posted some pics at post 242 - http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/141637-gtx-970-gtx-980-here-25.html#post958651

One thing is disappointing - only 30Hz refresh rate available on the 4K display. If I have 4 displays connected, best it will do is 1080P. If 3 displays connected it will go to 3008x1692. That is the best it will do even if it is the only display connected.

Finally found the cause of the BT KP. Had nothing to do with BT at all. It was the serial port connector - once I disabled it in the BIOS the BT KP went away.

So, for the Asrock X99M Killer the only things to set in the BIOS are Chipset Configuration->VT-d = disabled, SuperI/O Configuration->Serial port = disabled, USB Configuration->USB3.0 = Auto (changed from Smart Auto).

And use Clover instead of MultiBeast. It went a lot smoother.

Thanks to kduvernay and RehabMan for a LOT of help and advice. :clap:

Now all I have to do is get audio working and test sleep and run some benchmark apps.

Very very cool, congrats... All that BT stuff from a serial port, ouch! Please let me know how sleep works out, I can wake from sleep twice and then the party's over. I'd really like to get it working, since there's no speed step I really don't want it running balls to wall 24/7.

Pics are cool, some benchies would be nice. :p Got all my parts today except the case, will be here tomorrow so I can finally move all stuff off the bench. Won't be long now and I'll be bored to death. ;)

Very very cool, congrats... All that BT stuff from a serial port, ouch! Please let me know how sleep works out, I can wake from sleep twice and then the party's over. I'd really like to get it working, since there's no speed step I really don't want it running balls to wall 24/7.

Pics are cool, some benchies would be nice. :p Got all my parts today except the case, will be here tomorrow so I can finally move all stuff off the bench. Won't be long now and I'll be bored to death. ;)
Not bored, just relaxing from all the excitement:lol:
Haven't let it try to sleep yet - been too busy trying to run Benchmark apps.

Unigine Heaven crashes
Unigine Valley crashes
Luxmark scene "Room" crashes
Luxmark scene "Sala" finishes with a score of 2702
Geekbench 32 bit scores 2561 single-core and 16991 Multi-core

any others you would like me to try?

No, not at the moment, thanks. What ethernet kext are you using? I screwed around with the sleep issue long enough to corrupted the bios and hose the UEFI partition. Couldn't boot to my Clone drive either, rebuilding now... :lol:

No, not at the moment, thanks. What ethernet kext are you using? I screwed around with the sleep issue long enough to corrupted the bios and hose the UEFI partition. Couldn't boot to my Clone drive either, rebuilding now... :lol:

Both the NICs work - one is the Killer2200 and the other is Intel - works with the AppleGB (IntelE100e) kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back