Geforce GT 440
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I am having a lot of trouble here. I am trying to create a bootable clover USB drive and I just cannot get it to load into the boot loader. Every time I try, it hangs on b1f:init6. I have a Gigabyte P55A-UD3. It does not have UEFI, so I am trying to make it work with legacy bios. My bio version is Rev 2.0 f11.

I partitioned my USB as GUID Partition Table. And then after that I format the EFI section to 32. Then when installing clover I click install Clover to the ESP. After that, I have tried both install to boot0af and boot0ss. Both result in the b1f:init6.

Any ideas? This is very frustrating.

I'll +1 to the same issue.

I've tried 3 different systems and followed about 6 different tutorials. Same boat.
Even tried UEFI on a newer system and it shows the boot loader, but failed to boot up to any partition.
100% fail rate at this point haha.

You should use the Clover test drive instructions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html and build a test drive USB for a legacy system and insure that you put your DSDT.aml file into the correct folder per the instruction.

I assume that you can install Yosemite using the UniBeast/Multibeast with DSDT.aml and have a working system.

If this is the case you can use the "Clover test drive USB" to boot into your installed system. Do this before attempting anything else.

If you like the test drive then you can consider your options such as installing Clover to the already installed system or to do a fresh Clover/Yosemite install.

I have a GA-P55M-UD3 system that I have Yosemite installed by UniBeast/Multibeast yesterday and just ran this Clover test drive process and it works as documented. OBW I used Clover v2976.

Good modding,
neil

Hey guys,

I am having a lot of trouble here. I am trying to create a bootable clover USB drive and I just cannot get it to load into the boot loader. Every time I try, it hangs on b1f:init6. I have a Gigabyte P55A-UD3. It does not have UEFI, so I am trying to make it work with legacy bios. My bio version is Rev 2.0 f11.

I partitioned my USB as GUID Partition Table. And then after that I format the EFI section to 32. Then when installing clover I click install Clover to the ESP. After that, I have tried both install to boot0af and boot0ss. Both result in the b1f:init6.

Any ideas? This is very frustrating.

Hi xnike2livx, did u get your USB working?

I have the same mob.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back