Motherboard
ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My Hacky hasn't been used much in the last year, so I've been getting it updated. I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 with the latest security patches. I currently have Clover 5119. I updated my main kexts in CLOVER/kexts/other:

AppleALC
IntelMausi
Lilu
SMCProcessor
SMCSuperIO
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen

Everything is fine with this now, but if I try to upgrade my Clover (via Clover Configurator) to 5146, the computer gets stuck at the apple logo. Booting in verbose mode barely gets about 10-15 lines on the screen before it stops.

I know from reading so far that Clover has been going through some changes integrating some OC features. But should 5146 be compatible with Catalina? Are there some other steps I need to go through?

I know a lot of people may just say to install OpenCore, but I'm more familiar with Clover and have only used that for years, so it's not out of the question, but I'm thinking I might like to get on Monterey before messing with the boot loader change.

My Hacky hasn't been used much in the last year, so I've been getting it updated. I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 with the latest security patches. I currently have Clover 5119. I updated my main kexts in CLOVER/kexts/other:

AppleALC
IntelMausi
Lilu
SMCProcessor
SMCSuperIO
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen

Everything is fine with this now, but if I try to upgrade my Clover (via Clover Configurator) to 5146, the computer gets stuck at the apple logo. Booting in verbose mode barely gets about 10-15 lines on the screen before it stops.

I know from reading so far that Clover has been going through some changes integrating some OC features. But should 5146 be compatible with Catalina? Are there some other steps I need to go through?

I know a lot of people may just say to install OpenCore, but I'm more familiar with Clover and have only used that for years, so it's not out of the question, but I'm thinking I might like to get on Monterey before messing with the boot loader change.
yes, move on to opencore, as you have to learn to use some of it in latest clover, you may as well go all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back