Contribute
Register

Clover 5102 from this site is not offering customize option on reinstall. NVRAM not working for iMessage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NUC8i7BEH1 BIOS 0056
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello

I have a NUC8i7BEH1 with Catalina and clover 5102 from this site. I have gone through the iMessage troubleshooting guides and the iMessage troubleshooter reports consistent values between reboots but echoing "hello world" to nvram isn't preserved between reboots.

I am at a loss as to what is wrong, but I am assuming it may have to do with RC scripts not being installed correctly. I tried reinstalling clover 5102 but I cannot get the offer to do a customized install, and it goes through automatically. I tried installing it to a usb drive and the same thing occurs. An older version worked as expected and gave me the option.

Is there any way to force the clover installer to give the customize option?

Maybe I'm missing the point and it has nothing to do with RC scripts.

Any suggestions to get clover and NVRAM working properly would be appreciated.

Thanks

Which clover did you use? There are two versions - one with and one without nvram emulation.

Thanks for the reply

I used Clover_v2.5k_r5102-UEFI.pkg

MacMan

I installed the version of clover you linked and I still wasn't promoted for the custom install. I tested my nvram by using the TestVar check and I still am not getting persistent storage during reboots. I tried reinstalling clover again and got the same results.

I was prompted by the clover installer stating that "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS" but I clicked "Install anyway". I'm not sure if that is why I'm not getting the custom install option.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should try to do next to preserve my OSX install and get clover to prompt for a custom installation?

Are there custom switches or arguments I can pass to the clover installer to force clover to prompt for a custom installation?

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back