Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
If you wish to do a clean install you must buy Lion so this should not be a issue but just wanted to share that if you try to install clean you must log in with your apple account and that account must be the one that payed for lion.

i just tried it with my sons account and will not let you install :)

well this is what i did ,

i bought lion installed it as an upgrade but then wanted to do a clean install so i rebooted my iMAC and selected the recovery partition it loaded the screen and the option box with the options to install or time machine ect..

i picked install Lion and it asked me to log in to the app store from the installer .

then with a apple account that belongs to my son i logged in and it told me this apple ID has not purchased OS X Lion

so i can assure you something is tied to it.

not sure on my hackintosh yet still installing on my real mac

I guess its just that way on a Real mac or just my mac haha

I just tried it on my hackintosh and all is good lol

very strange

haha :) seems noone RTFM. ever :)

Requirements for reinstalling OS X Lion

Reinstalling OS X Lion via Lion Recovery requires broadband access to the Internet via Wi-Fi or an Ethernet connection. OS X Lion is downloaded over the Internet from Apple when Lion Recovery is used for reinstallation.

Lion Recovery requires that DHCP be enabled on your chosen Wi-Fi or ethernet network, If you bought Lion from the Mac App Store, you will be prompted to enter the Apple ID and password you used to purchase Lion

see?! ever using recovery option -- you NEED to log in to confirm purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back