Contribute
Register

Clean install 10.9 on ASUS p8z77-v pro succecssful

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I try to run the installer os x mavericks, always get any errors. I have the same board mentioned in the post and nvidia 9800 gt card

hello
when you said you couldn't boot without dart=0...
did u get something like
Boot 0 gpt
0 test
0 test
0 donealfejoijafodifaldfjadfalduhfaksdhfak

some error like this?

Can't remember exactly but it wasn't these errors.

when I try to run the installer os x mavericks, always get any errors. I have the same board mentioned in the post and nvidia 9800 gt card

Did you set your bios with iGPU and iGPU cache at 64Mb ? try to load with -x -v and tell us what you get.

Hi there, thanks for this guide.
I just want to know which is the patched bios version that you took for your install ?
I have the 2.00.8 patched version with PMPatch and I'm stuck with this screen even with bootflags

Same for me and as far as I know, there isn't even bluetooth on this motherboard.
Using the latest BIOS.

Try to use this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-asus-p8z77-v-pro-succecssful.html#post695779 from scratch. You need a patched BIOS to fix your problem.

My BIOS is patched version 2104.
Made a new install USB-stick. Booted up to this... "-V -X" can't even get to the installation.

[EDIT]
Didn't reinstall OSX 10.9.
Instead i messed around with boot flags. Managed to successfully repeatedly boot with "-v -f -x" and later on just with "-f".
Changed org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
To:
Code:
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

And smbios.plist from a MacPro3,1 to a MacMini5,1.

Now working without any boot flags!

Can someone give me some help with flashing a modified BIOS to my Asus P8Z77-V Pro?

I followed the Unibeast tutorial to install Mavericks and am now getting stuck at the same point as trasman above, except the bootflags aren't getting me past it so I think the only difference is that I need a modified BIOS.

I have tried a few different ways to flash it - my motherboard won't accept it directly as it doesn't pass the security verification (I've tried flashing back to older versions and then to 2104 modified without success). I've tried BIOS USB Flashback but that doesn't work for me - the LED flashes for 5 seconds then goes solid, which means it isn't working (I have named the file correctly and tried with two different flash drives). I've also tried the FTK method but get the error message "Secure Flash Check Fail".

What else can I try?

Can someone give me some help with flashing a modified BIOS to my Asus P8Z77-V Pro?

I followed the Unibeast tutorial to install Mavericks and am now getting stuck at the same point as trasman above, except the bootflags aren't getting me past it so I think the only difference is that I need a modified BIOS.

I have tried a few different ways to flash it - my motherboard won't accept it directly as it doesn't pass the security verification (I've tried flashing back to older versions and then to 2104 modified without success). I've tried BIOS USB Flashback but that doesn't work for me - the LED flashes for 5 seconds then goes solid, which means it isn't working (I have named the file correctly and tried with two different flash drives). I've also tried the FTK method but get the error message "Secure Flash Check Fail".

What else can I try?

Try to patch your bios by yourself.

I did patch it myself. I downloaded the latest version from the Asus website and used pmpatch to create the modified version. Then I tried the three different methods to flash it that I mentioned above.

EDIT - I got it. The problem is basically that all versions of BIOS from 19xx onwards have protection on that and I started on the latest, 2104. I was able to flash a modified version of 2104 by first flashing back to the official 1805 from the Asus website using the EZFlash utility, then flashing to modified 2104 using FTK, as shown in this guide -
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1726429

Except I did it a bit more manually - first I backed up my official 2104 using FTK, then made a modified version of it using pmpatch in Windows. Then I flashed to 1805 in EZ Flash 2, then flashed straight to the modified 2104 using the 'reflash' command in FTK.

The next problem that I had was that I couldn't get Mavericks to boot using my onboard Intel HD3000 graphics. It got past the Bluetooth message but then immediately gave three more lines of error messages, all Intel graphics related.

I have now plugged my nVidia GTX 580 in (which I want to setup in MacOS anyway) and managed to boot using -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=Y

Everything looks fine, I now just have to tweak everything so that it boots on its own!

I did patch it myself. I downloaded the latest version from the Asus website and used pmpatch to create the modified version. Then I tried the three different methods to flash it that I mentioned above.

EDIT - I got it. The problem is basically that all versions of BIOS from 19xx onwards have protection on that and I started on the latest, 2104. I was able to flash a modified version of 2104 by first flashing back to the official 1805 from the Asus website using the EZFlash utility, then flashing to modified 2104 using FTK, as shown in this guide -
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1726429

Except I did it a bit more manually - first I backed up my official 2104 using FTK, then made a modified version of it using pmpatch in Windows. Then I flashed to 1805 in EZ Flash 2, then flashed straight to the modified 2104 using the 'reflash' command in FTK.

The next problem that I had was that I couldn't get Mavericks to boot using my onboard Intel HD3000 graphics. It got past the Bluetooth message but then immediately gave three more lines of error messages, all Intel graphics related.

I have now plugged my nVidia GTX 580 in (which I want to setup in MacOS anyway) and managed to boot using -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=Y

Everything looks fine, I now just have to tweak everything so that it boots on its own!

Hello fadetonoir,

i use the same Asus P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7-2600k and GTX680.

but i cannot get the HDMI audio from GTX680 to work, can you solve this problem?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back