Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I’m in the process of building a new hack- main components are z490 vision g, i9-10850k, Crucial Ballistix 3200 64 GB(2x32GB), and a Radeon Frontier Edition. I also have a sapphire pulse 580x, which I currently use as egpu for my laptop. I’m a photographer, so most of my heavy work is photoshop and capture one.

On my current build (z390, i9-9900k) I noticed that when smbios was 19,1(headless) and with the Radeon FE, photoshop would freeze when doing more complex masking. Switching to imac pro1,1 has fixed this, and I am quite happy with it. (FYI I overclock slightly, which could have been the real culprit)

For my z490 build, and with my current selection of graphics cards/workflow, does anyone have any suggestions for smbios with my current graphics card selection? I believe my options are imac20,2 or imac pro1,1, yes? Any other options? Is iMac20,2 headless? Anyone with a FE card on z490 out there?
:wave:

I’d love a 5700, but being where we are with gpu prices, I don’t know…. But then again, with all this speculation that the shortage will last into late next year or more, bite the bullet? I notice 5700’s can be found used for around $1100 :sick::crazy:. Gross.

iMacPro1,1 is my go-to. It moves all of the GPU work to the discrete GPU instead of the integrated graphics.

Yes, I find iMacPro1,1 to be rock solid on my z390, especially with the Vega FE card. Good to hear that is still the case with a z490. Thanks! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back