GTX580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

after trying to install Lion over my OSX 10.6.8 (several trials with restoring from backup drive), which fails, I got now the situation, that chimera is not longer showing even my originally OSX or my backup drive/ partition at the bootloader prompt. So I cannot start anymore my backup drive to restore the originally partition. When I'am going into OSX10.6.3 install (via Retail CD) and starting the drive partition tool, than I can see my OSX and my backup drive. I restored the originally OSX drive with the data from backup drive, but after this the new old OSX drive is also not shown in chimera, even it is activated and bootable in the OSX installation procedure. It looks like, that the partition is not activated anymore for chimera. What can i do, that chimera will see my OSX drives again? I have to add, that my 2 NTFS drives (one of them is Windows 7) is shown at the bootloader and can be started. ALso after re-installation of Retail OSX CD, I can start my OSX partition, but without all my data and configuration from backup drive.

Who can help, what I can do to start my backup drive in the bootlader (chimera or iBoot)?

Dulmer

I can only give a suggestion, I'm for sure it will work though. Try using a Boot CD?

DrFate09 said:
I can only give a suggestion, I'm for sure it will work though. Try using a Boot CD?

Also latest iBoot is not seeing the partition. So it doesn't help. :( Meanwhile I installed my system new and go step by step to Lion. Due to my user folder was intact on my backup drive I could restore all the data. :) No I have some issues with my Bluetooth Magic Mouse and the Standby mode, which I have to solve. But that's something for another board here.

nevertheless thanks for your feedback.

Dulmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back