Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Currently running 10.8.3 and my iMessage stopped working again. I read about updating Chimera to v2.0.1 to fix iMessage and immediately downloaded the standalone installer and installed it to my boot drive. Upon a restart, I pressed a key to stop and check settings in Chimera and it reads:

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chimera v1.11.1 r1394
Build date: 2012-08-08 21:15:51
32730mb memory

I have no idea why it won't update to the new version, this process was supposed to be very simple. :banghead:
Can somebody please help me out?

Is your ML partition the first available one? (should be disk0s2 — disk0s1 being the EFI one)
Check in Disk Utility.
- If like me you've got that partition for SL instead and another one for ML, target the SL one, as Chameleon/Chimera use that one at startup.
- If you've got only ML there, I'd say put your drive in an external dock, if you can, and install Chimera starting from another disk (if you've got one)...
- if you just have that disk, create another partition with Disk Utility, clone your working partition to it, and starting up on that partition install Chimera from there to your first partition
N.B : I haven't tried cloning a running system from that same system, it's worth the trial... :oops: You may want to do so via the Root user. Otherwise do it via your Unibeast key (that's the secure way ;))
Well, I think you've got the idea. :cool: ;)

My ML partition is on two Raid0 SSD's.
Raid slice disk1s2 and Raid slice disk0s2

I don't have any other OS installed on any other drives.. Running two SSD's in Raid0 as my mountain lion 'Macinotsh HD' and 4 2tb drives in Raid0 as my Media Raid drive for video editing.

... Well, thinking about it, it should work, RAID or not RAID: be sure to delete the invisible "boot" file then reinstall Chimera 2.0.1 otherwise delete both "boot" and the /Extra/ folder and re-run Multibeast with all options needed, then reinstall Chimera 2.0.1.
That's my guess. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back