Geforce 8400 GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings all!

I am in need of a graphics card to run dual displays on a 64-bit machine. Other than %100 compatibility, I have no requirements! This will be a a photo editing machine (non-gaming, non-video-editing, etc.) with minimal rendering, so price wins over horse power.

So, any leads on the quest for the cheapest card?

I just realized that I have a MSI GeForce 8400 GS laying around. Any thoughts if that would work?

BinHa said:
I just realized that I have a MSI GeForce 8400 GS laying around. Any thoughts if that would work?
What kind of system?

You mean like the MSI GeForce 8400GS thats listed in the Graphics Card Databse? The one someone confirmed working for 10.6.4?

;)

Don't sweat it, just check there next time. It wasn't confirmed there for 10.6.5, but give it a shot and see what happens. And if it does work, update the wiki!!!

Thanks for the replies!

MacMan, I just purchased a GA-P55-UD2 that I will use (I should probably update my profile, eh?) that I will pair with a i5-750 and 8 gigs of RAM.

Marosell, I should have caught that earlier, thanks for the link!

Still, in the event that my 8400GS doesn't work, any takers on my "cheapest challenge"? :)

BinHa said:
Thanks for the replies!

MacMan, I just purchased a GA-P55-UD2 that I will use (I should probably update my profile, eh?) that I will pair with a i5-750 and 8 gigs of RAM.

Marosell, I should have caught that earlier, thanks for the link!

Still, in the event that my 8400GS doesn't work, any takers on my "cheapest challenge"? :)
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... cards.html

Wow, that blog posting is eerily relevant. Yet another link I should have noticed!

Looks like ASUS GeForce 8400GS FTW!

Your MSI should work just as well as that ASUS; it's the exact same chipset, so more than likely, whatever you would need to get one to work should work for the other.

I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back