Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Goal: Computer for daughter that will be a Hackintosh, so I can rest easier without having to worry about viruses, etc., and she gets Photobooth and other software features.

I am Kaboshing a bunch of parts together to make it:

The good is i have,
GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W
SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S203B
4GB RAM (2x Patriot 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
400G Sata Hard Drive
Retail Snow Leopard DVD

The bad is I have to stick it into a Dell 530s case with a 250 watt PSU.

The ugly is, for now, I need a cheap low profile video card that can be Hackintoshable.

????

why does it need to be ATI? your best bet is an nvidia 8400gs, you can get them from anywhere as low as $5 (after rebate) to about $40, and you can get them in fan-less and low-profile versions.

I agree with minhi. Also your going to need a higher PSU. 250W is way too weak, I wouldn't go with anything less than 450W (500W ideally). I would highly recommend a Corsair PSU; also stay away from the new Corsair CX line. Additionally you may want to consider a modular PSU to reduce the clutter.

Thanks for the info. The nvidia 8400gs does look like a great card for the price, but the 250 watt psu won't do it. I wish I could have the Integrated video to work with a Hackintosh set up, but that's not an option. The only reason I mentioned Ati was because I got a 3650 for cheap and has, well, worked extremely well for blu-ray and htpc stuff on an older computer. Rated at 23 watts under load. Know of any other decent cards for low wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back