Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I had a completely working system w/ ML 10.8.6 and Windows 7 on two separate drives. My MB audio went out so I RMA'ed it. Got a new one installed it now when I get to Chimera screen and pick Windows drive it says "BOOTMGR is missing". ML boots fine. Windows 7 boots fine if I pick it as boot drive. I've tried changing all the SATA ports around multiple times no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

I had a completely working system w/ ML 10.8.6 and Windows 7 on two separate drives. My MB audio went out so I RMA'ed it. Got a new one installed it now when I get to Chimera screen and pick Windows drive it says "Boot Loader is Missing". ML boots fine. Windows 7 boots fine if I pick it as boot drive. I've tried changing all the SATA ports around multiple times no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

Boot Win7. Download and install all of the new mainboards drivers from the manufacturer's web site.
Doesn't matter if it is the same model board, still needs new drivers added, especially the chipset drivers for AHCI.
Does your separate Win7 drive have a System Reserved partition or just the NTFS partition?

If this doesn't work, boot Windows and follow this guide - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/135077-windows-7-installation-transfer-new-computer.html

Yes, there is a Windows System Reserved partition. I can boot to Windows from the BIOS boot menu. All of the MB drivers are installed and Device Manager is clean (no warnings). Would reinstalling Windows 7 help? I don't have anything installed yet, just the OS.

Yes, there is a Windows System Reserved partition. I can boot to Windows from the BIOS boot menu. All of the MB drivers are installed and Device Manager is clean (no warnings). Would reinstalling Windows 7 help? I don't have anything installed yet, just the OS.

If you can hit the F hotkey and select the Win7 drive and it boots, there is nothing wrong with it.

When you boot normally to the Chimera timeout screen, just hit a ket and select System Reserved icon and Win7 should boot.

I solved it. Went to boot screen and hit tab (no GUI) found the partition it was looking to boot and it was NOT the Windows Reserved. there was no Windows Reserved option in the list of partitions (only OSX and Windows NTFS). I booted Windows 7 and renamed the partitions and went in to chameleon.boot.plist and added some entries to make it work (hide, rename, default). I think the order of partitions ((hd0,2), (hd1,0), etc.) changed when I put in the new motherboard. I thought I had the SATA ports exactly as before, but maybe not. Anyway all is well now. Thanks. :clap:

I solved it. Went to boot screen and hit tab (no GUI) found the partition it was looking to boot and it was NOT the Windows Reserved. there was no Windows Reserved option in the list of partitions (only OSX and Windows NTFS). I booted Windows 7 and renamed the partitions and went in to chameleon.boot.plist and added some entries to make it work (hide, rename, default). I think the order of partitions ((hd0,2), (hd1,0), etc.) changed when I put in the new motherboard. I thought I had the SATA ports exactly as before, but maybe not. Anyway all is well now. Thanks. :clap:

:thumbup: Glad you figured it out. That was going to be the next questions - did you connect the HDDs in the same order and did you hide any partitions?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back