Contribute
Register

Change scaling without changing input resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

Not sure if I am in the right category on this forum.
I am having issues with certain apps when it comes to scaling.
For my 4K monitor I use the 1440p scaling, which means it's actually generating a 5K resolution.
However, Photoshop thinks that I am using a 5K display, so when I create a 4K document and zoom in 100%, it doesn't show a 4K 1:1 pixel view but instead a zoomed out image, making pixel peeping harder. This problem goes away when using 1080p scaling or no scaling at all, which are both unpleasant on a 27'' monitor.
Also, some games only let me select either 1440p or 5K resolutions, instead of 4K (doesn't really bother me but I still think it's odd).

Is there something I can do to fix this? Is there a way to perform scaling like windows 10 does? Or is there something I am just not getting (could very well be the case :p).

Thank you in advance!
Regards

@martinkamminga, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I think 144Hz monitor is the best option for gaming. It provides unique, amazing and breathtaking gaming experience. It also provides better clarity then any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back