Skylake i5 6600k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After a few months running ML i installed windows 8 on a second partition after my ML partition. This setup is probably giving me problems. After i installed windows 8 i had to reinstall the chameleon bootloader, my windows partition shows up perfectly in chameleon but when i boot it the bootmgr of windows 8 is missing (i get a black screen with a blinking underscore). So i have to reinstall the bootmgr of windows 8 using the rescue functionality, but this removes the chameleon bootloader.

Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling my whole system?

Kinda annoying to keep installing bootloaders to get into one of my operating systems lol..

After a few months running ML i installed windows 8 on a second partition after my ML partition. This setup is probably giving me problems. After i installed windows 8 i had to reinstall the chameleon bootloader, my windows partition shows up perfectly in chameleon but when i boot it the bootmgr of windows 8 is missing (i get a black screen with a blinking underscore). So i have to reinstall the bootmgr of windows 8 using the rescue functionality, but this removes the chameleon bootloader.

Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling my whole system?

Kinda annoying to keep installing bootloaders to get into one of my operating systems lol..

You probably installed Win8 in UEFI mode. Chameleon cannot boot Windows in UEFI, so you must be sure to install Win8 in legacy mode. One way to be sure to do that is to disable UEFI boot in BIOS.

You need to re-install Windows in legacy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back