Contribute
Register

Catalina : an error occurred while preparing the installation (at almost end of install)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gibabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4
CPU
Core i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi Everyone,

I've spent almost a week trying everything to setup my catalina build, i'm about to throw my new build out of the window. Changed 3 times the graphic card, 2 times PSU... :banghead:

I get this error : "an error occurred while preparing the installation", near the end of the initial install of Catalina, at about 2 min remaining. I've tried setting up another date in Terminal, no luck. Changed various kexts and drivers, nothing.

My first try was to build my vanilla by myself, the result was a nightmare. Hopefully, found this : https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh and I could boot, and install on NVME until this (Sorry, it's in French) :

D26B8027-44C6-4D96-AA0A-FE5E0923670B_1_105_c.jpeg

My specs :
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Intel i7 9700KF
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 MHz 32G (16x2)
Samsung SSD NVMe M.2 970 EVO 1TB
MSI Armor Radeon RX 580 2048SP 8G
Corsair RM850X 850w

Here's my EFI Folder & Config.plist attached.

Could anyone please give a hand ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22 MB · Views: 164
  • config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 97
Thanks ! I could continue install thought the SSD on Clover menu... I was happy until... At the screen with like "1 min remaining"... guess what ? a brand new error :

macos could not be installed on your computer
the bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk : (-69793)
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

:banghead: (x2)

Actually, there was some kind of black magic or I don't know what, but I successfully installed by rebooting, deleting the data partition, reboot again on the SSD and finally Catalina installed.

Ok for the first part.

Now I'm trying to deal with the display... I installed a MSI Radeon RX 580 and it's not recognized, I have the "Display 7 MB"...

Lastest Lilu & Whatevergreen...

Any advice before I :banghead: for the third time ?

Alright alright... Guess I found the solution.

I have a "2048 SP" version of the RX 580, which happens not to be supported. Period. So here's a little advice to my fellow hackintoshers, never buy the Chinese version with 2048 SP mentioned ! Here we go for a 4th change of the GPU...

By any chance, would you have a ref for a OOTB GPU which is 100% confirmed to work with Hackintosh Catalina/Mojave ?

Thanks ! I could continue install thought the SSD on Clover menu... I was happy until... At the screen with like "1 min remaining"... guess what ? a brand new error :

macos could not be installed on your computer
the bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk : (-69793)
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

:banghead: (x2)

Actually, there was some kind of black magic or I don't know what, but I successfully installed by rebooting, deleting the data partition, reboot again on the SSD and finally Catalina installed.

Ok for the first part.

Now I'm trying to deal with the display... I installed a MSI Radeon RX 580 and it's not recognized, I have the "Display 7 MB"...

Lastest Lilu & Whatevergreen...

Any advice before I :banghead: for the third time ?

This worked for me also, but I didn't delete the data partition, I just rebooted again to catalina and it went to setup.

Although, it did let me choose English language, it did not set the other two to united states, it stayed UK and Brittan, iirc.

I suppose multibeast can take care of this now.

Wish me luck and thanks for the tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back