Contribute
Register

Catalina 10.15.4 unbootable - AHCI Panic - SATA will not interoperate.

• Thread starter Deleted member 188658
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't move the SSD. It's connected on a M2_1 connector / NGFF module connector.

Which model of NVMe SSD is it? Samsung 970 EVO Plus?

Which model of NVMe SSD is it? Samsung 970 EVO Plus?

It's a Western Digital 500GB NVMe SSD.

Isn't the Recovery partition on the same disk? I can boot into Recovery as I said earlier. But TM restore and a re-install of the OS both failed to change the problem.

It's a Western Digital 500GB NVMe SSD.

Isn't the Recovery partition on the same disk? I can boot into Recovery as I said earlier. But TM restore and a re-install of the OS both failed to change the problem.

I don't know why you are getting the AHCI panics.

In my setup I noticed a few things.

1) Reading the motherboard manual, I saw which SATA ports became inactive when using x4 mode for the NVME. Coincidentally I also noticed that x4 mode on an NVME nulled my thunderbolt port.

2) When on Catalina I need a generic SATA SSDT.

There is a thread there about AHCI panics and Intel ENet driver?

There is a thread there about AHCI panics and Intel ENet driver?

Try deleting /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/IntelMausiEthernet.kext and see if you can boot.

Try deleting /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/IntelMausiEthernet.kext and see if you can boot.

I'm trying to do this through the Windows 10 OS. I'm using diskpart to assign a letter to the NVMe EFI partition. I can read the partition but i can't change any directory or file permissions or using the dos attrib command as administrator I can't change the permissions of any file. I can't move the IntelMausiEthernet.kext and I can't delete it. And I can't write to the kexts/Other directory on the partition.

Can't do anything to the partition.

Annoying thing is that I can't boot from the CarbonCopy USD HDD attached drive either. It now fails the same way.

I need advice on how to save the 9+ years of photos etc and look at moving this to a new MB, maybe a Z370-ITX? Not sure if I can save the NVMe drive or anything from this system. It is very stable on Windows 10 OS however.

Annoying thing is that I can't boot from the CarbonCopy USD HDD attached drive either. It now fails the same way.

I need advice on how to save the 9+ years of photos etc and look at moving this to a new MB, maybe a Z370-ITX? Not sure if I can save the NVMe drive or anything from this system. It is very stable on Windows 10 OS however.

You haven't lost any data.

Thanks for your help over the weekend. How would you recommend I recover the data? Start a new Hackintosh?

If you are able to boot Mojave, install Mojave on another drive and boot to it. Then you will be able to access all the data on the NVMe drive.

Or, you can get something like the following and plug it to any system running macOS:

DELOCK_42600-01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back