Graphics
Zotac NVidia 9600ISO
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First thank you so much for such great guides and convenient file packs. I got my i7 Hackintosh up and running in no time. However, I have a strange problem with sleep.

Here is the setup:

Gigabyte p55m-ud2
Geforce 9600 GSO 512

I can put the computer to sleep after a fresh boot, however, I can never put it to sleep again. It looks like putting itself to sleep, turning the monitors off, but then comes right back on. I'm using your DSDT. I *think* I may had it working with sleep completely at one point. But can't remember which change caused it. I noticed it after one time when it was sleeping, I unplugged an external hard drive. That work it up. After that was when I noticed it'd never sleep for a second time after each boot. Anything to reset? How can I debug this problem?

Thank you for your help.

BTW, the graphics card works great. No extra work needed. All 3 ports, HDMI, DVI, and VGA work. I'm doing a dual screen with 1 on the HDMI and 1 on the DVI currently. Beautiful.

Hope I can make this perfect by fixing this sleep problem!

junying said:
First thank you so much for such great guides and convenient file packs. I got my i7 Hackintosh up and running in no time. However, I have a strange problem with sleep.

Here is the setup:

Gigabyte p55m-ud2
Geforce 9600 GSO 512

I can put the computer to sleep after a fresh boot, however, I can never put it to sleep again. It looks like putting itself to sleep, turning the monitors off, but then comes right back on. I'm using your DSDT. I *think* I may had it working with sleep completely at one point. But can't remember which change caused it. I noticed it after one time when it was sleeping, I unplugged an external hard drive. That work it up. After that was when I noticed it'd never sleep for a second time after each boot. Anything to reset? How can I debug this problem?

Thank you for your help.

BTW, the graphics card works great. No extra work needed. All 3 ports, HDMI, DVI, and VGA work. I'm doing a dual screen with 1 on the HDMI and 1 on the DVI currently. Beautiful.

Hope I can make this perfect by fixing this sleep problem!

If you're using the top 2 USB ports on the UD2, you may have issues with sleep. Also, are you on bios version F5? The DSDT is taken from that bios version.

My mobo came with F6. I was also using the top 2 USB slots. By top 2, I assume you mean the slots right above the PS/2 port, correct?

Another thing I just tested: by using an external hard drive that had a clone of the internal drive, I was able to put it to sleep as many times as I wanted. Cloning that external back to the internal, I still have the same problem. I'll give the BIOS downgrade a try next.

Thx.

Just tried downgrading to F5 BIOS. Still no luck. First sleep works like a charm. Wakes up from the mouse. Then won't sleep at all after that. Any other debugging ideas? Thank you!

junying said:
Just tried downgrading to F5 BIOS. Still no luck. First sleep works like a charm. Wakes up from the mouse. Then won't sleep at all after that. Any other debugging ideas? Thank you!

If your board came with bios F6, I'd keep that one. You probably have the UD2 v1.1- could be an issue with the DSDT. If you'll boot without a DSDT (you'll have to put back NulllCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions) and extract your Vanilla DSDT from the UD2 F6 bios, I'll make the necessary changes. Then we'll have an updated UD2 for all of the 1.1 users.

It's worth a shot! Just .zip your DSDT.aml after you get the vanilla one, and attach it to this post. :mrgreen:

I actually checked the box. It's a Rev 1.0 (I wondered why I had bios F6 as well). The weirdest part is that it works with a USB external drive. Almost seems like the internal hard drive is the problem. I'll double check the mobo rev #. If it's 1.1, I'll re-upgrade to F6 so that you can have the DSDT.

I don't want to boot w/o DSDT as I do like having at least some power management. It's just this darn instant wake up thing :)

Well, after cloning back, and reinstalling NVEnabler and AppleHDA, everything works fine now! No idea what specifically caused problem. Not complaining though :) Thx Tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back