Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I am having trouble booting into windows. I thought id add an additional HDD to my hackintosh for a windows installation. The problem i had was i couldn't install windows without disconnecting all of the OS X related HDD's first. I thought "Ok whatever. Must just be for installation", so i thought nothing of it. I set up my windows install as you normally would (including several successful reboots). Once all was running i decided to connect the other drives again so i could boot into my OS X installation. Booting into OS X has no problems at all, however, with the OS X drives connected i cannot see my windows HDD (even the bios does not detect to!)

Does anyone know whats going on here? Like i said, the drive doesn't even appear in the bios with the other disks connected for some reason.
Any help is much appreciated. Disconnecting all of the drives all of the time is not really an ideal solution haha.

Cheers,
Chris.

Here is all of the disks that are detected...

Chriss-Mac-Pro:~ Chris$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *240.1 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_CoreStorage 239.7 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Boot OS X 134.2 MB disk0s3
/dev/disk1
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk1
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_CoreStorage 999.9 GB disk1s2
/dev/disk2
0: Apple_HFS Mountain Lion *1.2 TB disk2
/dev/disk3
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk3
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk3s1
2: Apple_HFS Backup 999.9 GB disk3s2

The Windows installation is on an 80GB disk , which as you can see is not detected.

Hi all. I fixed it.

I decided to redo my bios settings and all is well now. I have no idea what i had wrong because i followed the same guide before as i did this time :s

EDIT: Stopped working again :/

What could be the problem here?

Edit 2:

OK... So now it's decided to work again. Why is this so hit and miss? I haven't touched any settings since i last said i redid the bios settings.

Hi all. I fixed it.

I decided to redo my bios settings and all is well now. I have no idea what i had wrong because i followed the same guide before as i did this time :s

EDIT: Stopped working again :/

What could be the problem here?

Edit 2:

OK... So now it's decided to work again. Why is this so hit and miss? I haven't touched any settings since i last said i redid the bios settings.

80GB HDD?? Must be really, really, old. Ancient. Not sure that is a good idea...

Windows might be used once a month if that, and it wont be used for anything serious so i'm not concerned with that.

So far i have booted into it about 3 times with no problems (using the chimaera or whatever boot loader). I think whatever was causing it to not work has gone away now lol :s

Windows might be used once a month if that, and it wont be used for anything serious so i'm not concerned with that.

So far i have booted into it about 3 times with no problems (using the chimaera or whatever boot loader). I think whatever was causing it to not work has gone away now lol :s

I'm not saying old is bad because it might fail (although that is a possibility). I'm saying old may be bad because old technology sometimes doesn't mix with new technology.

Arh ok fair enough. Well i'm having no problems at the moment. I'll try a different drive if i have problems again, i just didn't want to "waste" a decent HD on something that i don't actually need.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back