Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't reinstall bootloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI SLI Plus x99 Motherboard
CPU
i7 5930k 6 core OC @ 3.9 GHZ
Graphics
TITAN X PASCAL
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

So I have a bit of a weird issue. I have had a dual boot of Mac OS X and windows for a while now but recently my windows partition got a virus so I backed up the files, Wiped it clean and reinstalled.

After this, upon booting I got an error saying EFI shell version 2.31 followed by device mapping table and wouldn't boot into anything! I googled and found the solution to be resetting to optimised defaults and then I could boot into windows but not Mac OS X. the partition and EFI were still there though... Just couldn't access them....

So then, I copied my EFI partition to a memory stick to boot off of that and it worked! I can now load into OS X through the use of USB drive. However, I have tried reinstalling clover through multibeast and no matter what I do I can not access the boot screen from my hard drive! the files are all there and clearly working as all I did was copy and paste to a memory stick and that boots just fine... and it worked before a reinstall of windows... but now the uefi boot will not show up in my boot menu on bios no matter what settings I change.

Any suggestions? Would be appreciated... Thank you :)

Doesn't matter I figured it out. I have an 840 SSD EVO and a 850 SSD EVO. windows is installed on the 840 but noticed windows boot manager was loading from the 850...

So I deleted my Microsoft folder from my EFI partition after making a backup of course... That restored clover and at least let me boot back into OSX but then couldn't load windows lol. then after restoring the Microsoft folder... for some reason now I can finally access both again through clover... so sorted! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back