1. iOS
First time user, so bear with me ;) Here's my H/W setup:

M/B: Gigabyte GA-H170 Gaming 3
CPU: Core i3 6100
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 950 in PCIe slot
USB stick: Sandisk Cruzer 16GB
BIOS setup per instructions here as far as I can tell

Got my Sandisk USB stick with OS X, etc... in a USB2 port. I hit F12 at power-on and choose the UEFI partition on it as the boot media. Clover screen comes up and I choose to boot off of USB. See Apple logo on-screen with the little, horizontal bar graph thing below it. That never moves. I gave it over 30 min and nada. (Note: I made the boot media several months ago with Sierra and whatever versions of Unibeast, etc... that were current around Dec. 2016 or so). Oh, and I examined the boot args and tried changing the nvidia option I saw already entered there from "1" to "0" - didn't help.

Am I missing something obvious ? Or do I just need to re-make my boot USB device ? If so, should I stick with the built-in Intel graphics (remove the nvidia card and try it later), or should initial install work with the graphics card ?

Thanks.

Same problem.

Config:
ASUS P8Z77-V
Intel Core i7-3770
16GB 1866MHz Patriot RAM
MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Verbose picture: http://i.imgur.com/mzwufg8.jpg

post contents of your clover config.plist.

OK, did that (thanks to the site for suggesting the EFI mounter app). By scanning thru the XML, it looks like I might have set things up to use built-in Intel graphics (duh). In the Graphics section, only Intel was followed by True, ATI and nVidia were followed by False. So I'm going to try the built-in graphics and see if I get farther. I believe my CPU comes with Intel 530 graphics, which I think are compatible...

I'll post results tomorrow. If I don't get anywhere, I'll post the .plist and verbose mode output.

So good news and bad news...

Good: Removed nVidia 950 card, plugged in to on-board Intel 530 graphics, double-checked BIOS settings, booted off of USB, and it seemed to work. Yay! Got in to Apple's OS install and...

Bad: During the Mac part of the install, I was about 75% done (only had 3-4 min left) and my system just shut off like someone had turned off a light switch. Wouldn't turn back on. A bit of trouble-shooting later and I suspect my brand new Corsair PSU is bad. Will get a hold of a PSU tester and check. But I suspect I'll have to return it and get another one. Arrrgh!

I suspect my brand new Corsair PSU is bad. Will get a hold of a PSU tester and check. But I suspect I'll have to return it and get another one.
First try a CMOS reset.

I know it's the PSU now. Disconnected it completely, shorted pin 16 (Green wire, PSU_On) of the main 24 pin connector to an adjacent Gnd pin and tried to power it on. Nada. Internal fan didn't even spin up. It's being returned to Amazon and a new (different make/model) PSU ordered...

New power supply arrived, worked great, got macOS installed. Only one tiny issue. In Multibeast, I chose Intel 530 graphics since I'm using the built-in graphics and that's what my CPU supplies. At the top left of the screen near the Apple menu there are some tiny, flickering black rectangles that obscure the top of the Apple symbol and the first, few menu titles. I've got my monitor connected via DVI if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Ahhh...this ? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-intel-hd-530-graphics-glitch-fix.206410/

Yet Another EDIT: Maybe I should just get Multibeast 9.1 and run it, since it contains the Intel 5xx glitch fix ? Sounds like the simplest solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back