Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't get High Sierra full installer to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey fellas, I'm having a hell of a time this weekend but learning a lot! I'm Trying to get my system updated as high as I can with my current specs. I was told by another member, I'd only be able to update to High Sierra because of my current video card. I've been slowly making my way up the Mac chain from Maverick while working threw some issues (finally got iMac 14,2 to show up in the hardware overview) I got full 6GB installs of 10.11 & 10.12 download from the App Store but not 10.13 High Sierra, which is my ultimate goal. It will only download the 22MB installer of HS. Right now as I type, it's actually downloading the full 10.14 Mojave, which I didn't think it would let me do. Anyone have a clue on how to get a full HS installer downloaded? or can I actually load up Mojave? Thanks!

Intel Core i5-2500K
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (BIOS F12)
Socket 1155
AMD Radeon HD 6850
8GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Sony 24X SATA Internal DVD +- RW_DRIVE
Corsair 650watt
Corsair Carbide Series 400R

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (Rev 1.0)
BIOS F10 Original
BIOS F12 updated 7/10/12

This whole weekend has been an experimental learning experience! I've been away from messing with this for to long. I'm gonna try loading up Mojave and see what happens.

Okay so I got Mojave loaded up and its works. Seems quit a bit slower than Sierra and the graphics aren't the best, the resolution is all elongated. But guess what, it's downloading the full 6GB version of High Sierra. Because of the sluggishness I'm gonna drop back to HS and give that a shot. I see it converted the SSD to the new APFS. I'll report back after HS is installed.

Well it's been a hell of a weekend trying to get my system upgraded to High Sierra and still can't get it to load. I did finally get the system to boot off the Sierra SSD and not have to use the boot USB drive. I went so far as to purchase another SSD and Carbon Copied my Sierra boot drive, then tried the "Update Directly to macOS High Sierra" method and it hung at 29 minutes remaining on 2 install attempts. I let that 29 minutes spool for a good hour. Finally I terminated the installs. But I do have a good working Sierra install. Just need to figure out my "won't wake from sleep" and "no audio" issues for now. Compared to Maverick, Sierra is a huge step up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back