Contribute
Register

Can't get Bluetooth nor WiFi 5Ghz to work BCM94352 (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Zotac ZBOX MI572
CPU
i7-7700T
Graphics
HD 630
I have an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352 card installed in my Brix 4570r unit and I got wifi working but cant get BT 4.0 nor wifi 5ghz to work.

I saw the sticky posted here and found steps but nothing I did worked.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-161.html#post1185487

here is what I tried

1) I installed the following kexts using Easykext Utility but no success

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

2) I downloaded wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0.command.zip and ran it, selected option #2. no success
3) I tried #2 again and selected option #1 (handoff). no success.

After running steps 2 and 3, I usually get kexts on my desktop. I am not sure what to do with those kexts. The kexts are:
IO80211Family-10.11.2
IOBluetoothFamily-10.11.2

I tried installing them with Easykext Utility but that didn't do anything.

The instructions from the sticky are super confusing for me and I'm not exactly sure what I need to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

If anyone is curious, I got wifi working (not 5ghz) by installing the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from the RehabMan folder set from the sticky.

Thanks in advance.

I have an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352 card installed in my Brix 4570r unit and I got wifi working but cant get BT 4.0 nor wifi 5ghz to work.

I saw the sticky posted here and found steps but nothing I did worked.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-161.html#post1185487

here is what I tried

1) I installed the following kexts using Easykext Utility but no success

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

2) I downloaded wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0.command.zip and ran it, selected option #2. no success
3) I tried #2 again and selected option #1 (handoff). no success.

After running steps 2 and 3, I usually get kexts on my desktop. I am not sure what to do with those kexts. The kexts are:
IO80211Family-10.11.2
IOBluetoothFamily-10.11.2

I tried installing them with Easykext Utility but that didn't do anything.

The instructions from the sticky are super confusing for me and I'm not exactly sure what I need to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

If anyone is curious, I got wifi working (not 5ghz) by installing the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext from the RehabMan folder set from the sticky.

Thanks in advance.

For BCM94352:
- WiFi: install FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to /S/L/E
- WiFi 5ghz: add the 5Ghz patch to your config.plist
- BT: make sure USB is working properly: you should see the BT device on the USB bus (System Information->USB). If USB not working correctly, fix it first
- BT: install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext+BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /S/L/E
- BT: add the handoff patch to your config.plist

Do not install any IO80211Family/IOBluetoothFamily replacements.

For BCM94352:
- BT: make sure USB is working properly: you should see the BT device on the USB bus (System Information->USB). If USB not working correctly, fix it first

Okay great. I'm on the right path. I got 5ghz working using your instructions, thanks. I finally understand how clover configuration works (sorta).

I don't see any reference to BT in the system information. So I am guessing I need to fix BT, as you stated. I looked again at the link in my original post and found two references to fixing BT.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...sb-fixes-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-reference.html

From here, I am not sure which series/option I am suppose to choose for my setup. Would the GenericUSBXHCI.kext work for my system or it kind of a trial and error kinda thing?

Thanks again for your help.

Okay great. I'm on the right path. I got 5ghz working using your instructions, thanks. I finally understand how clover configuration works (sorta).

I don't see any reference to BT in the system information. So I am guessing I need to fix BT, as you stated. I looked again at the link in my original post and found two references to fixing BT.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...sb-fixes-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-reference.html

From here, I am not sure which series/option I am suppose to choose for my setup. Would the GenericUSBXHCI.kext work for my system or it kind of a trial and error kinda thing?

Thanks again for your help.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Note also that my BRIX guide may work for your BRIX: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...brix-s-using-clover-uefi-gb-bxi5h-4200-a.html

Got everything to work. Thanks!
Hi¡ I got everything to work except the bluetooth and the 5ghz.. I have the same wifi card as you.. Can you remind me how to add those two codes to the config.plist?

Sorry i just remembered how to arrive that folder.. Mount EFI drive / clover / config.plist

What i dont know is where to paste the code.. And i am not so sure of which ones are exactly the files for the 5ghz and the hand off bluetooth..

Learning a lot these days, but it seems not enough yet..Thank you very much

Hi¡ I got everything to work except the bluetooth and the 5ghz.. I have the same wifi card as you.. Can you remind me how to add those two codes to the config.plist?

Sorry i just remembered how to arrive that folder.. Mount EFI drive / clover / config.plist

What i dont know is where to paste the code.. And i am not so sure of which ones are exactly the files for the 5ghz and the hand off bluetooth..

Learning a lot these days, but it seems not enough yet..Thank you very much

Clover kext patches are entered at config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.

Make sure you use a plist editor such as PlistEdit Pro or Xcode.

For BCM94352:

Hello Rehabman! Now I'm running El Captain 10.11.6 and I'm using a Broadcom BCM94352HMB Wifi + BT 4.0 mini pci.
I was able to inject Wifi patching IO80211Family.kext adding 14e4,43b1 to Info.plist, and it works fine. I've also patched AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext and AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext by removing the restrictions and adding my own ports using DSDT, but it finally works best by deleting all the ports. Now all my USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports are ok, but I can not see the Bluetooth device on USB.

Could you please help me to make it works?

Hello Rehabman! Now I'm running El Captain 10.11.6 and I'm using a Broadcom BCM94352HMB Wifi + BT 4.0 mini pci.
I was able to inject Wifi patching IO80211Family.kext adding 14e4,43b1 to Info.plist, and it works fine. I've also patched AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext and AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext by removing the restrictions and adding my own ports using DSDT, but it finally works best by deleting all the ports. Now all my USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports are ok, but I can not see the Bluetooth device on USB.

Could you please help me to make it works?

Make sure you enable all ports initially so you know which port to leave enabled for the BT.
Test your BT hardware on Windows.

bluetooth is probably disabled ... you can enable it by remove the card from the computer again and cover pin #51 with tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back