i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there

I can't create OS X Mountain Lion bootable USB.
I have purchased and downloaded OS X Mountain Lion. UniBeast 1.5.2 can't find Install OS X Mountain Lion.app in my Applications folder.
How do I fix this? Is any other way doing it?

Thanks

Attachments

• Unibeast & App folder.jpg
    Unibeast & App folder.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 938
Hi,

Anybody?

There must be a reason why it doesn't work for me. Maybe I am doing something wrong. There must be a solution to fix this.

Can I just upgrade Lion to Mountain Lion from the launchpad? Then fix it with Multibeast? Will this work?

Thanks

I had this happen too, still waiting on a response :(

You could try launching the app (don't click install) unibeast v1 used to have an issue like this and this remedy would sometimes work. The other option is to mount the ESD image (I don't remember the exact name) if you right click the app and go to 'show package contents' you should find it in there. Mount the image and then run unibeast.. Fingers crossed one of these works for you.

Hi Everybody

I couldn't make the OS X ML bootable USB, but I had tried again and it worked. I am not sure why it didn't work first time.
It shows 7.7Mb to install, but it was just over 5GB. It also shows it will take 14 Hrs but it was around 45 min

Thanks

Have you gotten the installer to recognize the ML install app yet? I am having this exact same problem. I went through with the installer anyways, and it shows 5 GB on used on my USB drive and even shows the ML install app and 3 other folders on the drive. When I attempt to boot from the drive, it shows the white apple screen, no spinning wheel, then the screen goes black and eventually my computer stops sending a display signal to my screen. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=No, -x, -s, -v, and when in Verbose mode, it goes for awhile and gets to Mac initialization completed and then [PCI Begin] or something along those lines and freezes.

I have a feeling that my USB drive is not properly configured because I could not have the ML install app show up on the Unibeast installer. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no information about this error ANYWHERE.

Can anyone help me get the app to show up on the Unibeast installer?

Gigabyte x79-UD5
Intel i7-3930X 3.2 GHz (3.8 Turbo)
Nvidia Geforce GT 640

Already installed Snow Leopard and am running at 6.8.0

I had the same exact issue, and what finally worked for me was to get an earlier version of Unibeast. I was able
to get Unibeast 1.4 off another website. You will also need to rename the installer application file that is to be located in the
Applications folder. Rename the file to: Install Mac OS X Lion.app

:thumbup:

Thank you! I was having the same problem and I used Uibeast 1.4 and the installation completed successfully! Now I will try booting to it.In case future viewers come across this thread and can't find the download, I got it here: http://runamux.net/search/view/file/p8wb3rre/UniBeast_140.html (Be wary of the fake download buttons though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back