Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Can't boot the security update installer (RB2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Razer Blade 15 (2019)
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 | RTX 2070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been putting off the 10.14.6 security update 2019-002 and finally have the time to install it. Problem is i just can't boot from the "Install macOS" entry in clover. I tried updating all my kexts and clover but that didn't do anything. I can still boot into my main installation fine, it's just the update that doesn't boot.

I've attached a screenshot from where it hangs and my debug files. I had to dump ioreg separately, gen_debug couldn't do it for some reason.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20200125_000216.jpg
    IMG_20200125_000216.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
  • CR90.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • debug_792.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
I've been putting off the 10.14.6 security update 2019-002 and finally have the time to install it. Problem is i just can't boot from the "Install macOS" entry in clover. I tried updating all my kexts and clover but that didn't do anything. I can still boot into my main installation fine, it's just the update that doesn't boot.

I've attached a screenshot from where it hangs and my debug files. I had to dump ioreg separately, gen_debug couldn't do it for some reason.

Thank you!
try putting lilu and whatevergreen.kext in clover/kexts/other

try putting lilu and whatevergreen.kext in clover/kexts/other

Thank you!! That worked! I added Lilu and Whatevergreen to Clover/Kexts/Other but I also left them at /Library/Extensions. The installer booted and the update went smoothly.

I had to remove the kexts from clover afterwards though because my external monitor wouldn't work anymore. Do you recommend putting those kexts in clover or /L/E?

Thank you!! That worked! I added Lilu and Whatevergreen to Clover/Kexts/Other but I also left them at /Library/Extensions. The installer booted and the update went smoothly.

I had to remove the kexts from clover afterwards though because my external monitor wouldn't work anymore. Do you recommend putting those kexts in clover or /L/E?
there has been lots of conversations, heated arguments, about where 3rd party kexts belong

i used to have them all in /L/E and just the basic ones in clover for updates, (as you found out)

now i am using Catalina and OpenCore Bootloader, i have all my kexts in my EFI partition and not in /L/E anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back