Contribute
Register

[Solved] Can't boot into High Sierra installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may disconnect other Operating systems while doing anything to convert the Legacy Mode of Windows 10 to UEFI Mode. Once you can confirm you have succeeded by testing the System using MSINFO32 Run , you can connect your OS X /macOS disk as Boot # 1 Device in Boot options and boot that through Clover EFI Bootloader which will display Windows and Linux on CBM screen for selecting the OS of choice for that session.
Can I also use MBR2GPT.EXE to do it in Windows 10 itself? I don’t think I can link the article because of the tuled.

Can I also use MBR2GPT.EXE to do it in Windows 10 itself? I don’t think I can link the article because of the tuled.

Yes , you can try that.

If you are afraid about losing your data and if you have a blank SATA Hard disk of equal or bigger size or even a disk you don't mind losing contents, make a clone of current Windows 10 disk to that before the attempt to convert the boot mode .

You can use the freeware Clonezilla. Cloning steps can be found at :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-its-acting-very-strange.208298/#post-1379217

To run MBR2GPT, make sure to disconnect other disks and have only Windows 10 disk connected to the Motherboard . Only after verifying a successful conversion of Windows 10 from Legacy to UEFI, you should connect your Hackintosh with Clover.

When you connect them, it will be better to make High Sierra in SATA Port 0 ( if SATA port numbering starts from 0) and windows to the SATA port after that of macOS SATA disk ( SATA port 1 if numbering begins with 0)

During the First boot after re-connecting the disks, go to the BIOS Setup to make Clover containing macOS High Sierra as First boot device.

If you have the option to "Disable" other disks you may select and DISABLE Windows 10 UEFI Disk in Boot Options menu.

Clover from macOS will Boot and display both itself and Windows ( and Linux too if you have) on Clover Boot Manager Screen.

Yes , you can try that.

If you are afraid about losing your data and if you have a blank SATA Hard disk of equal or bigger size or even a disk you don't mind losing contents, make a clone of current Windows 10 disk to that before the attempt to convert the boot mode .

You can use the freeware Clonezilla. Cloning steps can be found at :https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-its-acting-very-strange.208298/#post-1379217

To run MBR2GPT, make sure to disconnect other disks and have only Windows 10 disk connected to the Motherboard . Only after verifying a successful conversion of Windows 10 from Legacy to UEFI, you should connect your Hackintosh with Clover.

When you connect them, it will be better to make High Sierra in SATA Port 0 ( if SATA port numbering starts from 0) and windows to the SATA port after that of macOS SATA disk ( SATA port 1 if numbering begins with 0)

During the First boot after re-connecting the disks, go to the BIOS Setup to make Clover containing macOS High Sierra as First boot device.

If you have the option to "Disable" other disks you may select and DISABLE Windows 10 UEFI Disk in Boot Options menu.

Clover from macOS will Boot and display both itself and Windows ( and Linux too if you have) on Clover Boot Manager Screen.
MBR2GPT gave me an error so I used PartitionWizard as an alternative. Now I can’t boot into Windows 10 anymore. I think I’ll have to clean install it. There didn’t appear a “UEFI” in front my Windows disk like it does with my Mac disk so I think something went wrong.

MBR2GPT gave me an error so I used PartitionWizard as an alternative. Now I can’t boot into Windows 10 anymore. I think I’ll have to clean install it. There didn’t appear a “UEFI” in front my Windows disk like it does with my Mac disk so I think something went wrong.
You still need to install Windows bootloader to an EFI partition, there are command line tools for this. GPT is just the format describing the disk.

You still need to install Windows bootloader to an EFI partition, there are command line tools for this. GPT is just the format describing the disk.
I can’t boot into Windows at all so Idk how I would do it without being in the OS.

I managed to clean install Windows 10 in UEFI mode on my new SSD. Everything’s up and running well.

I still can’t get the High Sierra installer to work though. I boot my PC and the Clover bootloader appears. I select “Boot Mac OS X installer from Hackintosh and get the exact same error as before.

I managed to clean install Windows 10 in UEFI mode on my new SSD. Everything’s up and running well.

I still can’t get the High Sierra installer to work though. I boot my PC and the Clover bootloader appears. I select “Boot Mac OS X installer from Hackintosh and get the exact same error as before.

Sorry. Cannot comment without the picture of the Error boot screen with the post.

I get this when booting the High Sierra installer with the -v boot flat. It throws me a “forbidden” sign if I boot without that flag. What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: I should add that I can successfully boot into Sierra with OsxAptioFixDrv and CrsActiveConfig set at 0x67.

This might seem too simple, but have you tried reinstalling or upgrading Clover? Granted, it's a different chipset, but I got a very similar screen to the one you shared initially with my Z170X system. I was at a loss, thinking I would have to reinstall everything. Luckily, I had a second SSD in the system with a booting MacOS and was able to reinstall Clover to the desired boot drive, which got me up and running.

Attachments

• IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 163
This might seem too simple, but have you tried reinstalling or upgrading Clover? Granted, it's a different chipset, but I got a very similar screen to the one you shared initially with my Z170X system. I was at a loss, thinking I would have to reinstall everything. Luckily, I had a second SSD in the system with a booting MacOS and was able to reinstall Clover to the desired boot drive, which got me up and running.
I updated Clover to the latest version just now and the error didn’t change. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back