Samsung NP300E4C-AD5BR-Clover
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,
I'm having trouble to dual boot windows 10 with El Capitan, I'll explain to you what I have/did here:
-I had windows intalled on my ssd of 128GB, and data on the 1TB hdd.
-So I partitioned the HDD and left 200GB to make my Mac OS installation
-I followed the guide to install El Capitan ( legacy mode )on this free 200GB and had do to a little trick to let it install on a MBR partition( Since I didn't wanna lose what I had on the hdd), so with the installation completed, I did the post installation( installed the legacy clover bootloader).
-But it keeps booting direct to windows, unless I use the same usb that I use to do the installation and go to the booting options.
Here's how it's organized my drives
DiskManagement.JPG*Disk 0 is my 1TB Data HDD, where is installed El Capitan in the 200GB partition
*Disk 1 is my windows installation
*Disk 2 is my USB

After various trying I end up installing a lot of variations of clover(legacy and UEFI mode), but no success on booting to clover. What you guys think I could do?

tks

This is not how you want to do this. Backup your data drive. Format it GUID Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) using OS X disk utility available in the installer. Partition it to however many partitions you need, leave free space for Windows partitions. Install OS X.
Boot Windows, launch the disk manager, format the free space on the HDD NTFS and restore your files to the partition.

Better yet, get a separate SSD for OS X.

But won't I still be getting this error of having to put the usb to get to the clover screen ? Even if I format to the correct format

I can't get another ssd cause i'm on a laptop :(

But won't I still be getting this error of having to put the usb to get to the clover screen ? Even if I format to the correct format

I can't get another ssd cause i'm on a laptop :(
boot Windows
click start
type msinfo32 and hit enter
does the resulting screen show that you have installed Windows UEFI mode?
if yes, that is one cause of the problem - windows and OS X/Clover should both be UEFI installed or both should be Legacy mode installed.
What it looks as if you have is OS X/Clover you say is legacy install and Windows looks to be UEFI installed.

So, I did what you suggested, my windows is in UEFI, I erased the mac os partition, did a fresh install again, but this time the usb installer is on UEFI mode too, ok, did the install.
But I still can't boot to the boot loader, my BIOS is set to UEFI mode, I chose the Mac OS X to be the first and only option to boot, it goes directly to the bios . Don't know what to do now

So, I did what you suggested, my windows is in UEFI, I erased the mac os partition, did a fresh install again, but this time the usb installer is on UEFI mode too, ok, did the install.
But I still can't boot to the boot loader, my BIOS is set to UEFI mode, I chose the Mac OS X to be the first and only option to boot, it goes directly to the bios . Don't know what to do now

Did you run MultiBeast to install FakeSMC, bootloader, audio and networking kexts?
Sounds as if you have not done this yet if you still have to boot from USB.

Did you run MultiBeast to install FakeSMC, bootloader, audio and networking kexts?
Sounds as if you have not done this yet if you still have to boot from USB.

I did, I installed the FakeSMC, bootloader and network kext with multibeast, the audio I'll have to find another solution(ALC892). I tried installing the clover from their website, no success either.

DSC_0778.jpgDSC_0776.jpgDSC_0777.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back