Intel 3000/ gtx 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I was running a hackintosh with 8gb of ram. I purchased 16gb more and installed it, for a total of 24gb. However, now when I try to boot El Capitan from clover, all I get is the prohibited sign shown in the picture below. I also tried reinstalling with my unibeast flash drive, but it goes to the same screen. I also attached a picture of what shows up when I boot from the unibeast flash drive with -v. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

image-1.jpgimage.jpg

Hello,

I was running a hackintosh with 8gb of ram. I purchased 16gb more and installed it, for a total of 24gb. However, now when I try to boot El Capitan from clover, all I get is the prohibited sign shown in the picture below. I also tried reinstalling with my unibeast flash drive, but it goes to the same screen. I also attached a picture of what shows up when I boot from the unibeast flash drive with -v. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is the RAM seated will in its slots? Check it all even if you didn't pop your old RAM out.

Did you install the RAM interleaved (alternating) properly? That is, the match pair of 8GB DIMMs in either Slots 0 & 2 or 1 & 3 and the matched pair of 4GB DIMMs in the other two alternating slots? This is necessary on most motherboards with more than two slots, including yours, for the dual channel mode to work.

After you've checked the obvious things above, try booting in safe mode (with the -X option). If that works, force the kernel cache to be rebuilt with

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Hopefully one of these tips will help.

Ok, thanks. I'll try those and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back