Contribute
Register

Cannot reach installer on HP4540 (probook)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan,

You were right. I do indeed have a HP Probook 450 G1. (per the BIOS). I was able to patch the kernel following your instructions and I have successfully installed Mavericks on the laptop hard disk. I then copied the patched kernel to the hard disk and rebooted to step through the Multibeast Post boot process.

However, when I attempt to boot to the laptop hard disk, I receive the following errors:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

I feel like I am very close, but I'm not certain if I used the correct post-install configuration with Multibeast.

How can I know the proper settings to load via Multibeast?

RehabMan,

You were right. I do indeed have a HP Probook 450 G1. (per the BIOS). I was able to patch the kernel following your instructions and I have successfully installed Mavericks on the laptop hard disk. I then copied the patched kernel to the hard disk and rebooted to step through the Multibeast Post boot process.

However, when I attempt to boot to the laptop hard disk, I receive the following errors:

boot0: error

I feel like I am very close, but I'm not certain if I used the correct post-install configuration with Multibeast.

How can I know the proper settings to load via Multibeast?

For the 450 G1, you should follow the sticky guide using Clover.

RehabMan,

I was able to get my HP 450 booting properly on 10.9.4. Thank you for your guidance on this topic.

Just as you said, I needed the Clover bootloader.

Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back