Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabuyte GA-Z270X-ULTRA GAMING
CPU
Core i7 7700K (4.6Gz)
Graphics
Gigabyte GV-R938G1 GAMING-4GD
Hi,

Before upgrading my Clover boot loader to the latest and greatest I would like to try it out first without doing harm to my current installation. Therefore, I tried to install Clover on a clean and formatted USB drive, but it fails. I have attached a screen shot and the installer log.
BTW, the previous 2.4 version of Clover installs without problems on a USB stick.
Anybody know how to fix this?

Cheers,
Erwin

Attachments

• installer_fails.png
    installer_fails.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 278
  • installer.log.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 180
Same for me...

Ensure you erase the key specifying "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" and "GUID Partition Map".
One gets this error if one uses "Apple Partition Map" instead of the above.

Hi all,

I followed the installation guide on tonymac and used UniBeast to create a bootable USB stick. I discovered that the USB disk was not partitioned into an EFI partition and a larger partition to hold the Install macos Mojave installer. Maybe because of the size of that stick (64Gb)? Anyway, I now use this command to partition the USB stick:

diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk6 1 GPT jhfs+ "USB" R

UniBeast will find the partition to install macos Mojava Installer and more importantly, Clover (5033 and 5045) finds the ESP partition and installs just fine. So I now have a USB stick with the newest Clover and can test before changing Clover on my boot disk.

Cheers,
Erwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back