Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Cannot get bluetooth or audio working and unsure if PM is done correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. May you please check now (Problem reporting files attached). I did not enable my internal card reader as it is not supported (made no difference to power draw sadly). EDIT: New PR attached 15546... bluetooth is not working again :( And today it works.. PR attached 6676... and a day later gone again (also deleted forcekexts from config.plist as you recommended in another thread)

2. Yes, my display is 4K. It is 2x (made to look like 1920x1080). Also, i can set my shared graphics memory to 256mb in bios though it causes the os to not load. Is there any performance benefit over 128mb?

3. May you please check the kextcache again and advise me of what the issue is/ guidance on rectifying it. Also ignore that backlight fixup is missing. Just added that.

4. What is the benefit (or disadvantage) of this regarding power saving vs performance.

Edit: I am almost certain this was due to USB Power injection and energy sysprefs. Also to note, prior to attempting proper USB Injection my laptop would randomly wake from sleep. Would USB injection issues cause this (also fixed energy preferences to disable wake from wifi and power nap). The fan would go crazy (it was in a bag when it was 'on' and did not slow down until a full reboot even though temps were at 43).

Is there anything you can see that would warrant power draw? I do not have audio and i am not sure of the power impact (if any). EDIT: Is there a way of making the minimum brightness lower? With an old kext I could make it much lower but i would prefer to do things properly. I am an idiot and never copied it

Why 3x debug*.zip files?

Why 3x debug*.zip files?

Reflect each change from point 1. Bluetooth is resolved with adding a delay in the boot arguments. A full shutdown is sometimes needed too but so far it is stable.

Please respond to points 2-4 with 6676 being the latest PR files

1. May you please check now (Problem reporting files attached). I did not enable my internal card reader as it is not supported (made no difference to power draw sadly). EDIT: New PR attached 15546... bluetooth is not working again :( And today it works.. PR attached 6676... and a day later gone again (also deleted forcekexts from config.plist as you recommended in another thread)

2. Yes, my display is 4K. It is 2x (made to look like 1920x1080). Also, i can set my shared graphics memory to 256mb in bios though it causes the os to not load. Is there any performance benefit over 128mb?

3. May you please check the kextcache again and advise me of what the issue is/ guidance on rectifying it. Also ignore that backlight fixup is missing. Just added that.

4. What is the benefit (or disadvantage) of this regarding power saving vs performance.

Edit: I am almost certain this was due to USB Power injection and energy sysprefs. Also to note, prior to attempting proper USB Injection my laptop would randomly wake from sleep. Would USB injection issues cause this (also fixed energy preferences to disable wake from wifi and power nap). The fan would go crazy (it was in a bag when it was 'on' and did not slow down until a full reboot even though temps were at 43).

Is there anything you can see that would warrant power draw? I do not have audio and i am not sure of the power impact (if any). EDIT: Is there a way of making the minimum brightness lower? With an old kext I could make it much lower but i would prefer to do things properly. I am an idiot and never copied it

From ioreg:
  • you forgot to install an Ethernet kext
  • audio not implemented
  • CoreDisplayFixup.kext is deprecated, replaced by WhateverGreen.kext
  • your kexts seem to be installed as per guide
  • no idea what you mean by question #4

From ioreg:
  • you forgot to install an Ethernet kext
  • audio not implemented
  • CoreDisplayFixup.kext is deprecated, replaced by WhateverGreen.kext
  • your kexts seem to be installed as per guide
  • no idea what you mean by question #4
Does ethernet have to be installed if i have working wifi?

What are the implications of using coredisplay instead of whatevergreen? I'll eventually upgrade it.

Does ethernet have to be installed if i have working wifi?

Power savings may be realized with a driver in place.

What are the implications of using coredisplay instead of whatevergreen? I'll eventually upgrade it.

For information on WhateverGreen.kext, refer to WhateverGreen.kext readme on github.
CoreDisplayFixup.kext is deprecated, not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back