Contribute
Register

Cannot for the life of me get imessage working properly

Motherboard
Dell > Need model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-4510U
Graphics
HD 4400
Im on a Haswell Dell Inspiron 5547 using opencore, and no matter what imessage refuses to work properly. It always either says that people aren't registered with imessage or shows their names as red or as sms only when creating a conversation, and I cannot figure out why. I got it fixed once by completely disabling all my contacts, but then it broke again once i broke my smbios and wont work. Sometimes it will randomly allow me to message some people, but usually only one or two and it will break for those people too at some point. I've tried signing out, resetting nvram, clearing all imessage files in ~/Library, setting my SMBIOS ROM to my mac address, nothing works at all. every other apple service works except for imessage for some reason i cannot understand. Is there a way to make this damn thing work?

Also of note that ive tested this on catalina, big sur, and ventura and this is also my second fresh install of macos. both times it works for a while on a fresh install, then it signs me out and when i sign in everythings borked.

Back