Contribute
Register

Getting Gigabyte Z390 to work with High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use one of the 4 back panel USB 2.0 ports for your Unibeast installer. On the far left side. (black colored) Try to boot again.
2018100517281395_big.png

Use one of the 4 back panel USB 2.0 ports for your Unibeast installer. On the far left side. (black colored) Try to boot again.
2018100517281395_big.png

I tried all the ports. After I select High Sierra from Clover I get a white Apple on a black screen for 2 seconds then a circle with a line through it. When I try safe mode I get a progress bar which runs about 2/3 the way then the same white circle. It crashes at exactly the same time. I never reach the installer.

I tried all the ports. After I select High Sierra from Clover I get a white Apple on a black screen for 2 seconds then a circle with a line through it. When I try safe mode I get a progress bar which runs about 2/3 the way then the same white circle. It crashes at exactly the same time. I never reach the installer.
Try preparing the installer on a different USB flash drive. Some just don't work well. It should be USB 2.0 ideally. I've had good results with Sandisk flash drives.

Try preparing the installer on a different USB flash drive. Some just don't work well. It should be USB 2.0 ideally. I've had good results with Sandisk flash drives.

Beat you to it. I tried it on a 64 gig SanDisk and a 16 gig SanDisk. Same result.

Beat you to it. I tried it on a 64 gig SanDisk and a 16 gig SanDisk. Same result.
You'll likely need to modify the config.plist of your Unibeast installer drive and add specific kexts to Clover/kexts/other to make it bootable on your Z390 system. Look at some of the other Z390 support threads to get ideas of what changes you'll need to make.

I would also suggest that you download Mojave from a real Mojave capable Mac if possible. Using a patcher tool to make your older machine eligbile for the HS download is not the best approach to take.

2018100517281395_big.png

And it appears I have a Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi. My back panel looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 11.48.55 AM.png

I just noticed that I do not have an EFI partition on my USB drive. I only have the installer partition. How did that happen? I used UniBeast.

I just noticed that I do not have an EFI partition on my USB drive. I only have the installer partition. How did that happen? I used UniBeast.
It's hidden by default, you have to mount it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back