Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ignore me
CPU
I'm Ignoring
Graphics
the Forum RULES !!!!
I tried to upgrade from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 for some months ago - which ALWAYS made my system stop while booting - just showing the apple-bootscreen and nothing more happened. I tried it many times :(

I then typically reran the OS-Installation from the original OSX 10.6.3 DVD and ran the 10.6.7 Combo-Update + multibeast - which worked fine - but I had to accept NOT to go any further because the 10.6.8 would not boot up :(

Now - after another try to install the 10.6.8 update I still had the same issues (not booting).

The problem now is, that NO combo-update will run at all! The installer stops, saying "The installation failed" :banghead:

See the installation tool protocol:

Jul 16 13:16:12 wlws-iMac Installer[8683]: Failed install preflight: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=102 UserInfo=0x11c167430 "Das Paket „MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.4.pkg“ ist nicht vertrauenswürdig." Underlying Error=(Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-2147409654 UserInfo=0x11c1645a0 "Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden. CSSMERR_TP_CERT_EXPIRED")
Jul 16 13:16:13 wlws-iMac Installer[8683]: Install failed: Die Installation ist aufgrund eines Fehlers fehlgeschlagen. Wenden Sie sich an den Hersteller der Software.
Jul 16 13:16:13 wlws-iMac Installer[8683]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Jul 16 13:16:13 wlws-iMac Installer[8683]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'Ein unbekannter Installationsfehler ist aufgetreten.\n\nDie Installation ist aufgrund eines Fehlers fehlgeschlagen. Wenden Sie sich an den Hersteller der Software.'.

What can I do to at least run the 10.6.7 combo-update again? And why does the system not boot-up after installing the 10.6.8 combo-update?

Any help highly appreciated ..

Hi!

I've faced same issue.
For me the solution was that I turned my system clock back, like that: 13.03.2011.
It hepled.

Best!

Re: Can´t run Combo-Updates at all! :( and 10.6.8 will not boot

tarvi47 said:
Hi!

I've faced same issue.
For me the solution was that I turned my system clock back, like that: 13.03.2011.
It hepled.

Best!

Hey THNX! That worked for me! :thumbup:

1) I turned the system clock to 13.03.2011
2) Ran the 10.6.4 combo update + multibeast + reboot
3) Turned the system clock back to normal time again (else the 10.6.7 update would not install)
4) Ran the 10.6.7 combo update + multibeast + reboot

Now I still have the problem with the 10.6.8 update, which will not boot up after I have installed it ... :( .. any hints?

Re: Can´t run Combo-Updates at all! :( and 10.6.8 will not boot

greggsymington said:
walaw said:
Now I still have the problem with the 10.6.8 update, which will not boot up after I have installed it ... :( .. any hints?

Have you tried UpdateHelper?
EDIT: Maybe not, since you have a 1156...

Right, that tool does not support my system - so I am stuck to 10.6.7 :(
Searching here in the forums typically lead to that UpdateHelper, but as mentioned - that's just a solution for sandy-bridge builds... :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back