CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I plan to install OSX on my laptop, but it seems I have to partition my HDD with Disk Utility which I will lose original Windows 7 Drive.

I have 2 questions about HDD partitioning

1. Can I partition without losing original Windows 7 ?

2. If I have to format original Windows 7 drive in order to put OSX, can I re-install windows from recovery drive ?

Please guide

I think what you can do is, on Windows 7, click start menu, and search for Disk Managment, open it. Right Click on your C Drive, then click Shrink Volume, then shrink it to what you want. Then you should see free space (it will have a black bar) right click on that and click on simple volume. then just follow the steps.

I'm not sure if that will work, since I can't even get to the installer :(

BUT, before you continue with your installer, read this article here The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X Mountain Lion + Chameleon + DSDT for beginners. - InsanelyMac Forum go to section 2D and read it.

Actually; Windows 7 will quite happily boot on a GUID partition table drive! Sadly you will need to sacrifice your current win7 install in order to get the drive onto GUID partition table. Whoever wrote that guide obviously does not know about bootcamp and such!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back