Contribute
Register

Building a Hackintosh Desktop for under$1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
jester969 said:
cap2587 said:
I have started my Build and I am wanting to know which DST Database fiile I choose. My GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard says rev 1.3. I noticed the options for the database are F3, F8 etc.. Thanks.

F3, F8 in the database must match the BIOS firmware of your motherboard.

The latest BIOS and DSDT (THE HIGHER) is better and recommended.

How to tell firmware BIOS

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36390

Thanks for the quick reply and that link tells me everything I need to know. I really appreciate you giving me so many great tips on my build. I will let you know how it goes.

ps What a monster GPU is the 5870.

The hardware for my Hackintosh is now done and very happy with the way the system looks. I did run into two problems that was a little disappointing, but not a big deal. The Heatsink I put in which is below did not allow me to install the outside case fan as it hit it before door would shut. I know I could get a slim fan that may work, but that does not push much air compared to full size one. It also made it very tight for the 1st RAM module to be put in due to the heatsink size. I really liked the Antec Nine Hundred case. Did other people run into similar issues due to a large heatsink. I will let you know how my Software install goes.

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel ($27)

Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ($70)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back